PDA

View Full Version : Free corals and live rock

KenT
07/11/2006, 10:28 AM
Tank has to go!! No time, no money, humidity issues from large system.

Free??? Here's the catch. I have hair algea. It is slowely getting better but it is there.

Tank is a fully stocked mixed coral 535 gal tank. Large softies, small to medium sized SPS, several hundred lbs of Brazilian, Fiji, and Marshall Is. live rock. The rock is beautiful when clean. Not all the rock has algea.

Fish will be available when rock and corals are gone, but at a price, yet to be determined.

Need to break down ASAP.

I don't have pics and a list of corals is too long to list, but they are nice.

I will be home everyday this week and weekend if you want to come by. Whatever does not get taken by Sunday goes into a hole in the back yard!!!

Send a PM if interested. Located in Ringwood, NJ

NO SHIPPING

crazyfingersmike
07/11/2006, 11:00 AM
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE take whatever doesn't sell to your local LFS. Do not just kill it all!!! You don't have to get fancy with it. Throw it into a bucket of water, drive it to them, and let them deal with it. Even if most of it dies, at least they had a chance.

ILCFisherman
07/11/2006, 02:17 PM
Will you sell everything?

bob124578
07/11/2006, 02:23 PM
Hi there,

I hated to read your posting --- I know this hobby can be such a pain in the butt. I would say don't give up but it sounds like you've made up your mind already.

I would be happy to take some things off your hands. I don't have any cash I can offer. I believe you said you were looking to just get rid of things.

I can take some corals and would LOVE some live rock. I can get rid of that hair algae.

I'm in South Philly and get home from work around 8 PM. I could stop by tonight if 9PM is not too late.

Thanks,

Bob

Birdlady
07/11/2006, 02:50 PM
You are pretty far north for us philly folks! God Bless you Bob for driving all that way!

I forwarded your link to Zooqi from Reefnest.org. They are more north and their organization might benefit greatly if you two can get together:D

bob124578
07/11/2006, 04:37 PM
OUCH -- I saw NJ and thought Ringwald or something south.

I cant go up there -- it would take hours

good hiking though -- bear country

Thanks for offering though

Hey Birdlady -- did you get that macroalgae? I thought you'd follow up.

tomisfast
07/11/2006, 09:13 PM
I could be there Saturday to pick up free coral and live rock. I was also wondering how much you might be selling the tank for? What type of fish would you be selling?
Thanks,
Tom

stilltryn
07/11/2006, 09:37 PM
would love to take some stuff because im starting a new tank. how far are you from n.e. phila.? please take it your lfs in not taken. go luck

KenT
07/11/2006, 10:23 PM
Everthing is gone, it went fast!!

crazyfingersmike
07/12/2006, 08:46 AM
Glad to hear that it all went to good homes. :)

zooqi
07/22/2006, 01:53 AM
good to know that it went to a good home too and I got to my PM late. I have been out of town for my son's surgery and it went well. Thanks Birdlady for thinking about us when you saw this.

trader_hdc
07/25/2006, 08:59 PM
Free Live Rock and corals!!! I was wondering how many show up for the freebies :) Look like you may have a Jumanji!