PDA

View Full Version : Clown gobies

susieQ
05/21/2002, 04:42 PM
How many, if any, could be comfortable kept in a 6g nano?
Anyone have any clown gobies in their nano tanks? How do more than one of these gobies get along in your nano?
Thanks,
Susie

Pomacanthus1
05/21/2002, 05:05 PM
I had a clown gobie in my 12g for a few days:( He was eating, looked disease-free, and wasn't fighting with any of the other fishes, but he just disappeared. I think he might have swam into my ricordea polyp. Does anyone know if ricordea catch and eat small fish? My gobie was <1".

I bet if you got 2 they would pair up, but don't put any more than that in there. I personally would put just one in the 6g so you have more room for different fish. It's all about taste and what you want though.

MtnDewMan
05/21/2002, 06:57 PM
I have 5 in my 75 gallon Reef .... how many in 6 gallons? I don't think you would want more than 2 ... 2 may pair up (assuming they are the same kind). More than 2 and you may see a lot of chasing.

They are awesome fish though, I love mine.

http://www.fitermania.com/75gallonreef/images/black_goby_4-26-02.jpg

susieQ
05/21/2002, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the replies! MtnDewMan: nice pic, they are cute little fish. What about a pair of Citron gobies and a threadfin/pistol shrimp combo? Too much for a 6g? Or do I have to chose between one or the other combo? Actually, I don't even know if they would all get along.
Thanks,
Susie

Machine is Organic
05/22/2002, 08:39 AM
I have 2 green clown gobies in my 7 gallon nano and they are doing great. I got them shipped from marine depot with my harlequin shrimp (who also rocks so much) and it took them a few days to eat. But after a while, they started eating brine shirmp and now they are swimmin all over and hang out on my sarcophotin leather all the time. They are great reef fish.

Callie

JGoslee
05/22/2002, 09:33 PM
Is a green clown goby and a gumdrop goby the same fish?