PDA

View Full Version : DIY VHO canopy for sale

neuroslicer
07/07/2006, 09:23 AM
I'm selling my DIY VHO canopy. It sits on top of my 65 gallon tank, which is the same length (13 ") and width (48 ") as a 55 gallon tank only taller. The walnut stained cabinet itself measures 50.5 " X 15" X 7 ". The lid swings up to reveal four 110 watt VHO bulbs: two actinic white 50/50s, one super actinic blue, and one AquaSun (these are 46.5 inch bulbs). There are also five moonlight bulbs. The VHO bulbs have 3 months of use on them, and I am including four more brand new VHO bulbs of the above combination (priced at $23 new from Premium Aquatics). The bulbs are powered by four PFO bare ballasts, each less than 2 years old. The ballasts list for $40 each new. The bulbs are installed with German end caps and end cap mounts, also sold by Premium Aquatics. The costs of all the above supplies when purchased new total $415, and that doesn't include the wooden canopy lid. You can see the canopy in my gallery. I am asking $175. If you know someone just setting up a 55 or 65 gallon tank, I'll also throw in a DIY acrylic sump that I'm no longer using too!