PDA

View Full Version : whos at work on the 4th?.

JmLee
07/04/2006, 06:32 PM
I am sitting in my office right now....... and it sucks... :(, any one else?

jmccalip
07/04/2006, 07:31 PM
Guess not......

Lol

No, that's mean. :lol:

RandalB
07/04/2006, 09:02 PM
Just getting ready to go off duty here....

RandalB

clsanchez77
07/04/2006, 09:47 PM
I got laid off Friday, no work for me today...sorta mixed feelings...

Funny story, my wife was at work at her office the right before July 4th weekend and she asked her coworkers if any one had any big plans for the holiday. An Englishman she worked for frowned and said that it was a sorryful day for his people and had her depressed for a good half a day, excellent prank.

JmLee
07/04/2006, 10:19 PM
ha ha, funny clsanchez. Sorry to hear about u getting laid off man, that really sucks. Im still in my office...

clsanchez77
07/04/2006, 11:35 PM
Don't sweat it, I'm not. My company has really screwed up since the huricane hit New Orleans and it gives me an new oppurtunity to assist in rebuilding my home instead of watching others do it. I have three leads lined up and two of the three wil be working directly with rebuilding the city of New Orleans infrastucture and the third will deal with mitigating a neighboring parish (where I live) from a similar catastrophie.

What really sucks is I would have been paid for holiday time for today and yesterday but they got that call in late Friday at 4:15pm and really screwed me over. it is sad that I actually care about that more than the job itself. Just means it was time for me to go anyway.

clsanchez77
07/04/2006, 11:38 PM
BTW, I intentionally do not eat out or shop on holidays (except Mother's Day & Father's Day of course). Worked in retail and managed a grocery store in college and as a society, we do not allow everyone to enjoy the holidays as we (we as inthose who get the days off) get to.

A much greater portion of our service and retail industry should be given the oppurtunity to observe our holidays. For many of them, there job sucks enough and for whatever reason, many do not have the oppurtunity to break the ice and move up in society.

And I almost convinced my wife today that police officers and firefighters get the 4th off. I love her but gullible is her name.

Putawaywet
07/05/2006, 03:01 AM
You can put me down for the 7pm to 7am (Tues pm to Wed am) spot. On my day off no less.

I don't really mind though, I'm drawing 12 hours of OT and 12 hours of holiday pay + 2.5% night premium.

What we won't do to fund this hobby ;)

Brett