PDA

View Full Version : 1 ocellaris dead, 1 ocellaris still alive

boyooso
06/29/2006, 11:29 PM
I came home from work to find my juv/male ocellaris in the rock work with my lovely cleaner shrimp picking at it. It was dead.

I added the fish about 4 weeks ago to pair up with my 3 year old female ocellaris clown, they seemed to get along quite well.

I have noticed that the new fish seemed a little skinny, but I have been feeding him frozen mysis shrimp pretty much every day, along with dry foods.

I added a bta about 2 weeks prior to the fish. Neither of the clown fish ever touched it, however the juvenile has been looking directly at it for the past few days. It has been like 2-4 inches away from it looking right into it. I can't imagine the anemone would sting him so bad as to kill him? The dead fish was about 1.25-1.5 inches. He was either misbarred or his middle stripe hadn't grown together yet ( I don't know how that works).

I have not seen the Female act very aggressive at all.

This morning, or last night, I can't remember, I noticed the juvenile fish seemed like the whole top of him was more dark, almost blackening. I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but i did notice that.

I checked all my params and....

0 amonia
0 Nitrite
0 Nitrate
8.3 PH
1.026 sg it has creaped durning the last week from 1.025
81 temp

I have a 50 gallon sparsely stocked.

Are there any signs that point to why the little fish is dead?

Thank You In Advance

Corey

colby
06/30/2006, 04:17 AM
Well I am not sure I can offer any advice but I am sorry to hear about your fish, I hate losing a clown.... :(

boyooso
06/30/2006, 12:13 PM
Thanks, it is a little frustrating not knowing why it died.

Anyway...

ClownReef®
06/30/2006, 12:58 PM
Well sometimes fish just arent healthy..it can go as far back as how they were caught and so on..all you can do is give it some time and try again..