PDA

View Full Version : Coralife Lunar Delux Light

jhlombardi
06/27/2006, 08:02 AM
I'm not sure if you can place this light directly on a 75 gallon tank with a glass cover.

I'm considering an AG or Perfecto 75 gallon tank with corner Mega-flow system. I understand that using the glass top that are made for these units helps keep the fish from potentially "jumping out" of the tank. However, it has been suggested to me that sometimes placing a light on top of glass can overheat the tank or the water in the tank.

I have a canopy that is supported to the base unit (it is not floating), so using the 3 1/2" legs that come with the Coralife light is not an option (it will not fit). Also, placing the light on the top of the tank gives the light fixture (which has 2 fans) 3+" to breathe.

Does anybody have any words of wisdom as far as how the Coralife will work under such circumstances? (Will it over heat the water or the unit?)

Thank You!

moebetter
06/27/2006, 12:58 PM
thats not the best idea to do that-it will cause problems with your tank and the fixture itself due to the heat-your best bet is to go with some type of retro fit kit if you plan on using that canopy-you can still get the same results with this type of kit and have much less heat and the fixture itself is made to work with a canopy-most all of the online stores carry these types of kits