PDA

View Full Version : New store opening soon in Exeter/Mt.Penn.

spankey
06/24/2006, 09:36 PM
Well my buddies store should be open in Mid July! It is located right above Exeter Pa. Right below Mt.Penn. I was up over the weekend and he is stocking alot of nice stuff. He will be selling everything from clams to corals as well. Right now they are working on the tank systems and should have them fully operational by week end!

When the opening gets closer and he sets a date, I will let you all know! At the grand opening he is having an auction and one of the items is a brand new 180 reef ready tank.:eek: :eek: This is just one of the items to promote the opening day. I am sure there will be more.

Again, when the date is set in stone, I will post!!!!

Spankey!:)

Dr4g0nf1y
06/25/2006, 04:57 AM
Don't you mean Exton? Exeter is where I live and I can guarantee you there's no Reef Stores opening in my little town...

spankey
06/25/2006, 05:45 AM
Guess what there is a store opening right in your back yard!!! Well if you are in exeter you would know AZ Ponds? It was right off RT 422 below the walmart. He is opening a all out pet store in the Boscov's East shopping mall right next to staples!

I have known Al for years. I told him one day that man what lacks in this area is a pet store that carries everything. Like That Pet Place. I told him about how the reef tanks are really starting to take off hobby wise. I said I myself would love to open a store but don't have that kind of cash. He then told me he would back me with the opening of a store!!! I actually turned him down due to the fact, it was to risky. Well sure enough a year later he is opening a store himself!!! Go figure.. HA HA HA

Right now he is having trouble getting certain permits for building and what not. They have gone thru from what he has told me, its just they are dragging thier feet getting them. I don't understand that mumbo jumbo so I didn't really pay attention to him when he talked about the permit issues.

But yea, you will have an all out pet store right in your back yard!! Sweet isn't it... Take a ride up to the shopping center and you will see the store right next to staples!:) I am actually sneaking in this week to get a glimpse of the fish room and such. I can't wait. I can see myself living up there.

Awesome isn't it. No more TPP and the long treks out there.

Spank!

AquaReeferMan
06/25/2006, 10:11 PM
Sweet I cant wait.

Mishap
06/25/2006, 10:32 PM
This is gonna save me alot of gas money.....which I can use at the store!

ReefNutPA
06/26/2006, 07:24 AM
Before AZ's Ponds.....I remember AZ's Pet & Aqua Center from years ago in the Boscov's East shopping center. Very nice family, always eager to help with problems and offer suggestions.

Tom

dteske
06/26/2006, 04:47 PM
Actually way back in the day, late 80's maybe early 90's his son(s?) used to have a reef store in the location off 422. I guess it's the pond store now? Anyway they were excellent to deal with back then, so I'm sure the new shop will be great.

Maybe I'll hang onto the 90gal setup I was trying to sell...

fraggin
06/26/2006, 04:57 PM
that will be sweet~!
was he the guy that had a pet place and p0nd place on 422
years ag0 i used t buy fr0m there

spankey
06/26/2006, 05:42 PM
yep!

tomisfast
06/27/2006, 12:24 AM
Sal
I was just wondering if this is the place you are talking about.
Seems to be a little confusion as to location. Another local store would be great.

Retail Store:
GRAND OPENING THE BEGINNING OF JULY!

AZ Pet and Pondz
4274 Perkiomen Ave.
Reading, Pa. 19606

spankey
06/27/2006, 04:35 AM
Yes sir. Tom how have you been by the way. Yeah Al is a good buddy of mine I have know him for years. I will post the grand opening as soon as he lets me know!!

Thanks
Sal.

tomisfast
06/27/2006, 01:38 PM
Sal
I have been good. So has the various corals I have gotten from you.
Thanks,
Tom

E-A-G-L-E-S
06/27/2006, 01:40 PM
isn't that about a half hour from TPP?

spankey
06/27/2006, 06:09 PM
Sure dude. You can stop over anytime :)

Eagles, depending on how fast you drive, you could get from TPP to this store in a half hour. However, I think it would take more like 40-45 minutes.... Its right below Reading.

Mishap
06/30/2006, 12:00 AM
Opens July 1st, so says the big sign out front.

DJ88©
06/30/2006, 07:51 AM
Mishap,

due to the fact your profile states that you are a pet store assistant manager and you are posting in this thread, I am going to take a shot in the dark that you are working for this store.

You are now concidered commercial and are subject to the rules of the [ua] stating commercial posts are not permitted.

I am going to ask then that you no longer post on any thread regarding your store. Further posts can end up with a loss of posting priveleges or more. Any discussion of this store on your part fits in this description.

Thank you.

Big Boy69
06/30/2006, 01:38 PM
I'm not associated with the guy, work there or endorse the new store.
But just because it says that he's a pet store assistant manager, doesn't mean that he owns the store?

I'm sure there's a lot of people on this site that work at pet stores and are managers of pet stores.

Maybe there's something that I'm missing here?

spankey
06/30/2006, 02:24 PM
Mishap never stated this was his store. It is a buddies of mine! I hope he did NOT get in any trouble?

Sal!

DJ88©
06/30/2006, 06:13 PM
no trouble.. just looking at his occupation. ;) Given I don't live in the area at times we need to be proactive as to situations like this.

If he isn't then no worries. :)

The big area of difficulty is when employees of stores etc start posting about them. Then it is commercial in nature and becomes a problem.

If mishap doesn't work there then things are fine.

Just keep in mind that it is a fine line that can be crossed really easy.

I know, I worked at a LFS for several years(all the time I was working as a mod or staff on here). But during that time never posted about it. I think you'd be hard pressed to find many posts from when I work there. I know of one but that was on my last day there and was talking to a customer I had in the store that day. Even then never did I mention the store name(if I remember correctly;) )

AquaReeferMan
06/30/2006, 06:57 PM
Mishap works at a different pet store. Either way all he said was it will save him gas money due to the fact we dont have to drive to Lancaster. Never once told anyone else to go or said anything about the name of the store. I really dont see the problem there....

Mishap
06/30/2006, 07:59 PM
For the record, I do not work at this store. I merely live in the area and got excited to see a new store opening. So I thought I would share the opening date that I had heard.

Yes, I work for a pet store, but not this one. PM me if you'd like to know which, but I have been very careful not to let this slip in my year or so of posting.

But, I'm a good spirited person, and will just ignore your comment. After all, we all know how the saying goes about what happens when you assume.

Matt