PDA

View Full Version : where to buy cheap seafood

fast94m
06/22/2006, 08:16 PM
i'm attempting to make a "mush" fish/coral food but havent been able to track down some cheap seafood, anybody have any suggestions in the ne philly/ bucks county area????

sjfishguy
06/22/2006, 08:58 PM
A bait shop is your best bet. Dont know if there are any up your way, but if you are ever down the shore, they have everything you need for cheap, just not food grade.

coralnut99
06/23/2006, 07:43 AM
Usually the cheapest seafood is in the frozen seafood section of a good-size supermarket. You might be surprised what you find in there. Oriental food markets are even cheaper and more varied.

Stixbaraca
06/24/2006, 07:46 AM
yeah...look for the "Previously frozen" lable at most supermarkets! I personally don't have any knowledge for or against, but I would lean towards "food grade" seafood that could be consumed by humans versus types sold as bait! There are a couple thoughts that race through my mind about the latter.

fast94m
06/24/2006, 01:13 PM
went to h-mart near jenkintown, that store is awesome, 3lbs or seafood for 9 bux. Anybody want to try some? its a combo of cyclop-eeze frozen, dt oyster eggs, octopus, smelt, shrimp, crab, mussels, squid, garlic xtreme, zooplankton frozen, formula 1 frozen, and nori. Overall it made about 5 ziploc quart bags, and the fish/ corals seem to love it. If anybody wants to trade a ziploc bags worth for a frag or some phyto culture let me know.

Stixbaraca
06/24/2006, 02:09 PM
what is h-mart?

LanT
06/24/2006, 02:40 PM
It's a chain Korean supermarket