PDA

View Full Version : What are you bringing to May's meeting?

Aquariust
05/15/2002, 12:15 PM
Name says it all!

jimroth
05/15/2002, 12:34 PM
-a really nice green finger leather, a big piece, more than a frag.
-Colt Frags
-Green mushrooms
-Green sand polyps
-Green Star Polyps
-Orange montipora
-Assorted Acros, just a couple.
XENIA BY REQUEST ONLY IF YOU WANT IT, POST HERE!
-Other stuff
-Also by request: I have a giant Long-Spined Sea Urchin, Diadema Setosum. It's a beautiful creature, black with metalic blue spots and an orange "eyeball" (anal cone). This guy is 8" across and probably needs to be in a 100+G tank. He's death to pest macros like lobophora and sargassum, and he will eat the tips off your acros, too! If anyone wants him, lemme know. He's gotta travel in a bucket, so he comes with a free bucket. Let me know, because the next time I get stuck by that b@stard he's going in the backyard for the racoons....Maybe the state aquarium wants him for the touch tank.

katspaw
05/15/2002, 01:18 PM
Jim,
That is crewl, Touch tank really. I take you are not that fond of children either. :D Does he eat soft corals, or just the SPS's?? I could always put him in my 90 gallon, nothing in there but live rock, algae and two little fishes.
I can bring:
Calastrea
Stylophora
purple gorgonian
few other acro's
Robert, I still have your torch for you.
Tracey

jimroth
05/15/2002, 02:51 PM
Tracy,
You are welcome to the little darlin' but if you want him I would rather drop him off at your shop than drive him to Trenton.
He doesn't eat softies, just hard coral and coralline algae.
I got him at Aquatropics.
Are you carrying a torch for Robert?

Malcolm_C
05/15/2002, 03:50 PM
Green Monipora
Brown & Green Hairy acropora
Xenia
Brown acropora with purple tips
Green Acropora

katspaw
05/16/2002, 07:19 AM
Jim
I have a TORCH CORAL that I owe Robert for a coral he gave to me. Nothing more ;) So I will be bringing that. I am at the shop 5 days a week, but if your hours are different than mine, I can make arraingements to be here. Just let me know.

Tracey

harjit
05/16/2002, 10:29 AM
Guys,
If anyone has a yellow polyp that would be great as i would be interested.

Harjit

friedmani
05/16/2002, 01:12 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm looking forward to the meeting on Sunday. I'm kinda curious, what goes on in thes meetings. So I know what to expect. Are the frags that people bring auctioned, traded, sold?

I can probably bring some branching frogspawn.

Nel

Malcolm_C
05/16/2002, 01:57 PM
friedmani

What color is the frog spawn

geoffgarcia
05/16/2002, 05:13 PM
I just started a 15gallon long nano and its barren except for live rock/live sand at this point.
I'll take frags of anything/everything, assuming they are reasonably priced and small *haha*

My tank has 2x55w PC 10k bulbs on it + a 24" actinic bulb.
and its fully cycled with no fish.

ideally I'd love some
Torch coral
frogspawn
various shrooms
gorgonian's
montipora
polyps
buttons
Calastrea
and some acros! *haha* did I list just about everything? *LOL*

coachgail
05/16/2002, 08:54 PM
I have lots of Devil's finger (pink, tan, and green) shrooms, toadstools, and am willing to frag my Gorgonoian "silver" (pink) if anyone would want a pience. Let me know.

I would love a piece of zenia and some frogspawn. As ionly have softies, let me know if you want any or I will bring $.

I also have two un-used surgers that I will sell if anyone is intersted.

Heck, I am just gonna bring what I promised Geoff and let me know if anyone wants anything. here is a pic of the softies, the gorgonian isn't in there, it is in another show tank.

Finally got my new skimmer up and runnig, thank goodenss cause when I got the tank a while ago, had amjor algae bloom!

Anyone here keep african cichlids? I have 4 taniks full of fry if anyone wants them

Gail

EdBurhop
05/16/2002, 10:06 PM
Xenia, you want Xenia? I am not sure, does anyone have any they can donate to Gail??? I know it is hard to come buy in the club.... hehehehe:p :p :p

For you newbies, the way it works is we trade. This is at first. Then, when we run out of trades, the rest is usually sold or given away. Most of the older reefers help the newer reefers.

Xenia is a weed, we usually have a bunch no one wants.

Mad Drama will bring green macro algea I am sure and give it away.

I just got done transfering everything from my 55 to the 75. Looks great. I lost a small torch, but everything else looks good.

I will bring some tang heaven red and a hairy mushroom. I could try fragging my toadstool leather if anyone is interested.

Ed

friedmani
05/17/2002, 12:21 AM
Its green frogspawn.

Malcolm_C
05/17/2002, 07:49 AM
I would like

coachgail

Gorgonoian "silver"

Jim
-Orange montipora

-Assorted Acros, just a couple. (what colors)

I also have a large harry mushroom for trade (brown with yellowish green inners)

And I have a large piece of Xenia for trade. ( not a frag )

I'll bring a large bag of macro algae, we can just slit it up

Rovert
05/17/2002, 07:53 AM
I have some of the below macroalgae, if anyone wants it. It's a fairly slow grower, but not frilly and uncontrollable like caulerpa. Easy to maintain, very pretty, as you can see.

Jim, if Tracey doesn't take the urchin, I might give it a shot, 'cause I have an outbreak of very fine macro and hair that's annoying me. If you guys can't suggest another safer cleanup crew, I might give it a whirl.

Tracey, turns out your torch is the same color morph as what I have, but if you would bring it anyway, I'll donate it to Geoff.

Geoff - I'll give you the Green Torch that Tracey owes me, and take an IOU for later, when you're up and running, if that works for you.

http://www.gothammarketing.com/rck/images/macroalgae-purplegreen_branching.jpg

Malcolm_C
05/17/2002, 08:00 AM
rovert

I would like a piece of that.

gmh320
05/17/2002, 08:23 AM
Gail,
If you can frag that silver Gorg, I'll take a piece of that. I have a Golden Sea Rod Gorg if your interested. Let Jim Roth know about the Xenia, he has the "good Stuff" :smokin:

Rovert,
I work with a guy who has a FOWLR and is looking for macro that is Foxface and Tang proof. I've been giving him Halmedia, but it doesn't seem to be taking in his tank, I think his calcium is to low. Your macro looks like it might work, if you think a Tang will leave it alone, bring some along.
Thanks,
Greg

friedmani
05/17/2002, 09:07 AM
Jim,

I would like some of the 'good stuff'

coachgail
05/17/2002, 10:26 AM
Greg--
Would love to trade.

I am bringing one large and one small frag of the silver gorgornian. Polyps exteng very nicely and is a silver-pink color. They wiull be unattached as I will slice a few branches off. The large piece is about 8 inces with one branch and the smalelr about 3-4 inches with two branches. All I will frag this time, but grow quickly, so maybe some more next time.

Jim--I would live the "good" weed.

I would also love some macros algaes to put into the tanks and the algae scrubber (if I ever get it going)

jimroth
05/17/2002, 03:16 PM
Dang, suddenly everyone wants xenia again. Well, I'll see if I have any ;) .
I would prefer to trade acros for acros or other SPS, they grow too slow for anything else!
Robert, Tracy spoke first about the urchin, unless she changes her mind she gets it. PLUS I would have to make up an extra 5G of salt water just to carry the nasty bugger. And sign a disclaimer. Owwww, the pain, the pain. I would like a sample of that macro, though.
I can come up with at least a few yellow polyps, they're doing well in my tank.

harjit
05/17/2002, 03:38 PM
Hello,
Did anyone get directions.I am leaving the office by 6PM so if some once can email i would appreciate

HB

BORECKI
05/17/2002, 04:05 PM
I'll bring some pink leather coral, some macros. I'll also try to bring in some shrooms (nondescript brown w/ green stripes).
Anybody wnt live sand ?
Boris.

coachgail
05/17/2002, 04:07 PM
Yes! I would love to get a few people's sand to mix in the 180. When I bought it, the guy was running it bare bottomed. I could use a few more "sand injections!"

Gail

katspaw
05/18/2002, 08:51 AM
Robert,
Not a problem if you want to trade the torch to someone else. Jim, yes I still want the urchin. :) Does any of the northern people want to car pool. My truck holds 7, So I have room for 6 reefers. I will be bringing:
Orange Monti
piece of purple gorgonian
and the torch.

Tracey

coachgail
05/18/2002, 11:41 AM
I live in Randolph and am new to the area, so I would be intersted in carpooling.
Gail

bahrhoops
05/18/2002, 12:46 PM
I'm bringing some live sand from a healthy mature bed.
so if anyone wants to swap bring a cup.
I'm between reefs so I dont have any coral trades
cya there -Steve

harjit
05/18/2002, 10:56 PM
John,
It is 1155PM 18MAy and i still don't have direction'

HB

coachgail
05/18/2002, 11:03 PM
4134 south broad st, Yardville, NJ 08620-2024

Go to yahoomaps.com for specific directions.
gail

katspaw
05/19/2002, 08:01 AM
Guys,
I am not going to make it. :( We have a problem with sewr lines backing up into the basement bathroom. If I leave my husband with this mess, I don't think he will ever forgive me. It started yesterday, But I haven't been able to get it under control. My apolgies to everyone.

Tracey

geoffgarcia
05/19/2002, 08:15 AM
whew! thanks gail!
I didn't have the directions yet either!!!!
Geoff