PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Colorado

maestro774
06/19/2006, 10:43 AM
Since the Colorado forum is locked at the moment, I figured I would post my questions here.

I'm moving to work in Colorado Springs in the next few months, but I don't think I want to live there. Would commuting from southern Denver be a nightmare? I'm more of a city person and would prefer not to live in the suburbs. I've been to Denver and love it there, and I think it would be easier for my wife to find work in the city. I willing to commute an hour each way but if I'm going to be sitting in traffic, I'm not so sure.

hogpark7430
06/19/2006, 11:07 AM
The commute would be miserable in the winter. That said Colorado springs has been growing like crazy and has become quite large. We live in Castle Rock (the burbs south of Denver) and the springs is about 45 min with no traffic (80mph). From down town Denver to downtown CS during rush hour 2 probably 2 hours.
Note: there is also a colorado springs club: Southern Colorado Marine Aquarist Society

dc
06/19/2006, 05:34 PM
I can't imagine wanting to commute from Denver. Has your wife searched for a job there yet. Been a day or so since I've been to Colorado Springs, and not long enough since Denver. Most of Co. is beautiful.