PDA

View Full Version : Coralife Super Skimmer 125G- major overflow

chocolates mom
06/18/2006, 11:48 AM
Ok I tried to get my skimmer going yesterday and ended up with massive micro bubbles and water overflowing. I have been reading up on some posts. I have shortened the output tubing and the pump is now 3 inches from the water line. What else can I do?

AquaReeferMan
06/18/2006, 12:52 PM
I had the same problem, this is what I did. Take a peice of tape and cover the hole on the lid of the collection cup. Let it run for a little bit like that, then move the peice of tape only to cover half the hole. You can cover and open as it gets settled in. Sometimes mine acts wierd and I have to do this. HTH

davocean
06/18/2006, 04:02 PM
Most overflows of these happened when people rushed the breakin (I'm guilty too)
I setup my friends and ran for 3 days b4 trying to skim and had no problems.
They are sensitive at first, but are great after breakin

chocolates mom
06/18/2006, 04:21 PM
Well its been running for an hour now and so far so good. I am assuming the micro bubbles will lessen in a few days ? Another question, because the bubble diffuser box is so close to the top of the tank a small amount of water is splashing down the sides. Anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem? I know there is the red knob on top but is there any other dials to lessen the water flowing through the system?

davocean
06/18/2006, 05:19 PM
The bubble diffuser is my one gripe with these.
It will get a little better on it's own.
Seems like almost every piece of EQ needs some kind of tweaking,
and that's one mod I'd recommend.
Look on light/filt forum for "pics of coralife skimmers" huge thread with mods for these.
Also, use the drip spout, run tubing to a 1 gal jug to avoid future overflows.
As time goes it will work better, and you'll learn the sweet spot.

chocolates mom
06/19/2006, 12:24 PM
Are the micro bubbles ok for the time being, is it ok for the fish?

SBJim
06/19/2006, 06:45 PM
The fish are fine with micro-bubbles. It's just aesthetics.

One exception: check under any monti caps (or similarly shaped corals) for accumulating bubbles, and get rid of them if you find any.