PDA

View Full Version : Questions about CIMA meetings

Gluestick
06/18/2006, 09:35 AM
I joined this club a few months back, but due to my work schedule, I have never been able to make it to a meeting. I have recently switched jobs, and I no longer work weekends. I would really like to attend meetings. What goes on at these meetings? Do I need to bring anything (a dish to pass or anything)? Are there dues? What does a general meeting consist of? I'm really excited that my work schedule now allows me to join in!!

Gluestick
06/18/2006, 12:31 PM
What is this, like classified information or something? Are these SECRET meetings? lol. No one wants to talk about them?

cioutlaw
06/18/2006, 12:48 PM
The meetings are pretty laid back & last a few hours...basicly just veiw the hosts tank(s), talk shop & Most of the time there is some fragging going on & sometimes people bring frags to share. Some frags are free & some charge a small price$2-$5. rumors of some DIY projects in the future.

There is sometimes snacks/drinks normally provided by the host(I think) but nobody would mind if you brought something im sure.

welcome & look forward to meeting you.
Jason

DKKA
06/19/2006, 08:33 AM
Glue,

Traditionally, we have taken the summer off since people are usually busy with vactions and summer fun. I don't know if Henry is still planning on having his may meeting. Otherwise I'm sure meetings will resume in the fall.

Dan

Benny Z
06/19/2006, 08:53 AM
reefers take vacations? really???

LegoZ81
06/19/2006, 09:02 AM
I was thinking about having an unofficial meeting/get together sometime at my house in B-N if there was enough interest. This would be a look at my empty (coral wise) tank/bring me frags if you want/cookout/whatever. I have a medium-small charcol grill medium Propane grill and PLENTY of backyard. Inside of the house in cramped though as it is fairly small so this would have to be a mainly outdoors thing. Plan would be Pop/dogs/burgers incl., BYOB (depends again on numbers), and you can bring sides if you want.
My house is pretty easy to get to and parking is avail. on both sides of the street (restriction is no parking from 2a-6a)

How does that sound? (respond here: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=868882 )

Open for suggested times/dates early evening would probably be best temperature wise... I have 10 Citronelle Tiki torches that do a great job of keeping the bugs driven off and if it's cool enough a fire pit to keep things toasty (that is the least of the worries lol)

LegoZ81
06/19/2006, 09:03 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7586895#post7586895 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Benny Z
reefers take vacations? really???
must be nice to have extra cash on hand ;D

lglamb
06/20/2006, 01:40 PM
Once again, everyone seems to have forgotten the
$100 initiation fee, $10's and $20's preferred, to be
delivered to me in a plain unmarked envelope, preferably
passed discretly under the table.

Lowell

philagothos
06/20/2006, 02:16 PM
I thought that each new member was supposed to bring a frag, preferably rare sps or zoas, for each member already in the club. ;) I still owe most of you frags, but I'm looking forward to my frags from all future members. :D This also helps to spur recruitment efforts, though it might cause some to hesitate at joining.

-Kevin

tcottle
06/20/2006, 04:02 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7586924#post7586924 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by LegoZ81
bring me frags if you want

Lego - what would you prefer frogspawn or hammer?

(Host should get the best frags!)

I will also bring frags of eagle eye zoas (unmounted). PM/Post if you are interested

brad23
06/20/2006, 04:08 PM
Intrested in the Zoas

Michelle L
06/20/2006, 05:40 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7595416#post7595416 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by philagothos
I thought that each new member was supposed to bring a frag, preferably rare sps or zoas, for each member already in the club. ;) I still owe most of you frags, but I'm looking forward to my frags from all future members. :D This also helps to spur recruitment efforts, though it might cause some to hesitate at joining.

-Kevin

Oh oh. I'm in serious trouble.

I have no frags!! :eek2:

brad23
06/20/2006, 07:04 PM
Michelle will you have the tank up and running by the end of July?

Michelle L
06/20/2006, 10:12 PM
Yeah, but it may still be empty depending on the $$ situation! :D I still have some stuff to pick up before it's a full system.

Tough for me to share frags with everyone when my tank is dry...so I'll have to hope the members will take frag IOUs! :)

LegoZ81
06/21/2006, 01:10 PM
Todd I have a good sized Frogspawn already so a hammer would be da bomb.
I also would be glad to take some zoas if you want to get rid of some :)
I have some of my list done.
I have all of the bushes on the South side of my house pulled and the Forsitha trimmed back. I also have some of the junk picked up.
I am working on getting my Dining room painted tonight then will be going on to the Bathroom and kitchen. lol
this is just the beginning as well I will still need to get a ton of stuff dug up and a buttload of landscaping done before then.
Let me tell you it's great motivation to get my projects done!

epon
06/21/2006, 04:11 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7582017#post7582017 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Gluestick
What goes on at these meetings? Do I need to bring anything (a dish to pass or anything)? Are there dues? What does a general meeting consist of?

Coral swapping, talkin shop, munching on goodies, enjoying refreshments. No dues yet but donations are accepted and I believe are put in a fund that HCS uses to cover various costs that arise. The picture of HCS on the lounge at Dan's house comes to mind, it hasn't made it to the forums in a few months, who's got a copy laying around ? :)

Gluestick
06/21/2006, 07:28 PM
Awesome, can't wait for the next meeting!

Michelle L
06/21/2006, 09:11 PM
LegoZ is having a meeting/get together on July 29th. You should try to make it!

Gluestick
06/21/2006, 09:57 PM
I would love to! I'll check our sched and get back to you

lglamb
06/21/2006, 10:07 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7596705#post7596705 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Michelle L
Oh oh. I'm in serious trouble.

I have no frags!! :eek2:

FRAGS or CHILI !!!

:)
Lowell

Michelle L
06/22/2006, 05:06 AM
Oh, I can handle the chili part!! I had already planned on making chili cheese dip (heaven in a crock pot) so I may as well stay on that theme....