PDA

View Full Version : I have to say it: Mariners came through!

Sk8r
06/17/2006, 10:59 PM
One heck of a game on Friday night: Putz vs Bonds in the 9th with 2 outs and a 1 point lead...a real showdown, best game I've seen in ages. Mariners won!

And today, just lights-out from Meche, and great hitting---

This is the team we always knew we had!

coralcat
06/17/2006, 11:41 PM
We saw friday nights game on fox. Man what a game. Don't have tickets till next month. We plan our summer with at least 4 to go to

Sk8r
06/17/2006, 11:46 PM
We do too. The Avaya Club is a great deal, very comfy---my back usually gives out in the seats, and at 5.00 surcharge per ticket, I'm in 7th heaven. Let's hear it for chicago dogs and another game like that!

wills
06/18/2006, 11:03 AM
The M's are going to be pretty good in a few years.

I think Brandon Morrow (who they just drafted) will be an awesome pitcher. He throws 95 mph without much effort, he could add a few mph to that as he fills out and gets some pre instruction and tips.

Jeff Clement is the catcher of the future. A slugger who hits left handed is what the Mariners need.

Adam Jones was converted from SS to CF and he is going to be fantastic defensivley. He is still very young (20 or 21) so there is a chance he might flame out but I doubt that happens. He has been one of the younger players in each league he has played in.

Now if Beltre and Sexson earn their keep......

Sk8r
06/18/2006, 02:46 PM
The Lopez-Betancourt combo is doing nicely---I'm very glad about signing Morrow, and after losing our senior catcher, we're getting into good shape. I don't have data on Jones, but all to the good if we've got depth coming there. Never for a moment to forget Ichiro, who deserves everything they can give him---

Sk8r
06/18/2006, 05:33 PM
Putz just did it again against Bonds! Mariners win this afternoon, 5-1!