Don't trust these guys:eek:
http://www.nbc4.tv/video/9152183/detail.html

mrferrit
06/17/2006, 05:19 PM
amazing wonder how much money they accually scammed from unknowing customers
thanks quite amuzing

Stephany
06/17/2006, 07:36 PM
Dude, I got my oil changed at Instant Oil Change *once* because I got in an argument with my dad and he refused to do it for me.

When I was there they said they top off all my fluids at no charge.

A week later, my master cylinder went on my 5 year old car. I had no brakes whatsoever. I took it to my mechanic, and he said something wierd went on because the seals had all been eaten away.
He said that it could have been from them putting the wrong fluid into my brake fluid container.
We called the place it happened and spoke with the manager. She said that we would have to send the fluid out for "dialysis" at our cost....

Yea, because my mechanic would know to save it ahead of time...

That sucked.

beaniebeagle
06/17/2006, 10:37 PM
dont trust jiffy lube....my engine overheated later that same day because the coolant was EMPTY

dc
06/17/2006, 11:16 PM
LOL, they must be good in Utah. My friend swears they kept her van running for 12 years.

Red_Six
06/17/2006, 11:25 PM
I would not make a blanket statement about every JL. There must be some good ones out there. But I would never trust them under my hood. They seem to have unskilled mechanics working there, and they always seem to try to sell you services you do not need. I have put a brand new air filter in my car just days before taking it to JL and they tell me I need a new one. Another forgot to put the wing nuts back on my air filter after checking it. And still another JL did not know what he was looking at when checking my power steering fluid. He tried to tell me it was my dirty transmission fluid, on a vehicle with a standard transmission. After that one I said never again.

RicksReefs
06/18/2006, 07:36 AM
a buddy had his engine blown when JL didn't tighten down the drain plug and all the oil drained out as he was toolin down the road 15 minutes later.

when JL places a 'help wanted' in the local paper, they make it a point to say 'no experience needed'.

JmLee
06/18/2006, 07:49 AM
yea JL stripped my friends drain plug then they told him to get lost and that there not responsible for it.

stlrams88
06/18/2006, 05:06 PM
They ripped us off one time. We took our van in and they told us we needed a new air filter because the rubber seal was broken. It was very evident that it was stretched until it broke, so we just bought one and put it in ourselves and havent gone back since.

jpfelix
06/18/2006, 08:32 PM
they closed the hood on my wife's mustang while a tool was on the air cleaner. they said we needed a picture dated that day before and after the visit to make a claim.

a friend took his audi tt in for an oil change. they drained the tranny instead! had to be towed to the audi mechanic for repair since they tried to put in atf in a manual t-box.

unfortunately around here jl's are backed by mfa which is known for ripping people off.

cb9tunerguy
06/18/2006, 09:12 PM
i am a professional certafied factory trained honda tech at a honda dealer for ten years now. i have to say this infuriates me to no end. this type of practice is what gives a good honest hard working person like myself a bad name. the sad part is this practice is very common at places such as juffy lube. i cannot tell you how many times i have repaired a car that just left juffy lube or a similar place for things that were not done correctly. simple things like " stripped oil pan drains ". the problem with these places is they just hire anyone off the street and stick tools in their hands. i guess this is a good lesson to all of you who think your local dealer is a rip off. first off you get quallity repairs by factory trained professionals. second any reptuable dealer will stand behind the service performed 100%. i have never once in my life up sold preventative maintenance and not performed services sold. alot of people say i went to my dealer for an oil change and they tryed to sell 1500 buck worth of repairs. a good repair shop should inspect your vehicle for any necessary repairs and recommend them on anything as simple as an oil change. this is called preventative maintenance. you as the customer should in no way feel obligated or pressured to make these repairs unless they are a major saftey concern ( which your service advisor should let you know that is the case). we are just trying to make you aware of the repairs your vehicle is in need of. sorry for the rant..... but i hate places like this