PDA

View Full Version : I'm Going To A Horse Show Tomorrow!

Jamie2337
06/16/2006, 09:54 PM
Hi Guys! All has been well here!

The TB mare I had on trial failed her pre-purchase exam. So she went home.

Today we purchased a beautiful warmblood mare. She is 16.3 hands high, a chocolate bay color and beautiful! Her name is Sable.

Tomorrow I am taking her to my second ever horse show..and my second ride on her. Wish me luck....or at least no trips to the ER!

I will have pictures tomorrow! :fun4:

finding nemo
06/17/2006, 05:32 AM
Congratulations on your new horse and wish you the best of luck at the show, please post pictures when you get them. We love horse stuff here.

Nina51
06/17/2006, 05:50 AM
congrats! what classes will you be showing in? looking forward to pics. :)

have a great time and don't forget to SMILE at the judge.

finding nemo
06/17/2006, 05:53 AM
Goooooooood morning Neener::) and how are you this fine morning?

crp
06/17/2006, 09:17 AM
Good luck Jamie. We're all rooting for you.

Carrie

Nina51
06/17/2006, 10:25 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7577112#post7577112 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by finding nemo
Goooooooood morning Neener::) and how are you this fine morning?

goooooood morning to you too! i've been busier than a one-legged man at an arse kickin' contest. i am SO learning how to do things that gary always did. so far today, i have pitched the old garden hose and transferred the front yard one that we never use out to the back yard, threaded it through under the deck and brought it out the end where most of my flowers are. had to use the vice grips to unhook that puppy. it's been hooked up for years.

then i got the hacksaw out and trimmed some low-hanging tree branches that slapped me upside the head every time i walked to the barn.

i have all of my petunias trimmed, i moved the solar powered gazing ball out to the patio where we can see it from the living room window or while sitting on the deck, i watered everything that needed to be watered, i tweaked the fountain pumps and cleaned the crud out of them, fed all the birds, tied up the clematis vines that are going crazy, sorted 10,000 mealworms and put them away, all i have left to do outside is clean and refill the hummingbird feeders. by the time i get done, gary should be awake and i can start on the INside of the house.

noooooooo rest for the wicked!!! ;)

finding nemo
06/17/2006, 12:22 PM
Geze Nina, is that all you have got done today?;)
I am tired just reading it all.
ME?
I went to garage sales,then to town for the mobile vet clinic and got my years supply of heartworm and flea and tick stuff for the dogs, $300.00 less in my wallet after that but had fun standing in line with all the pet owners, playing with there dogs and getting to know them.(The owners):)
Then got chicken feed and a cool new garden spade.
Some cat food and came out of the store to pouring rain.
Big thunderstorm moving in and boy do we need the rain.
It has gotten dusty now and the pastures are drying out. Just awfull and will have to start feeding the animals grain and hay if we don't get enough to green it back up.
Anywho, off to rest my weary neck and shoulders.
Hi to Gary for me.
And hugs to you.

Nina51
06/17/2006, 01:52 PM
actually no, i forgot to mention that i brushed both dogs. now, if you know anything at all about corgis, you know they shed 24/7/365. i have not been good about brushing them, just don't have as much time as i used to but i do manage to get it in once or twice a week. got a whole sackful of fur. too bad the birds aren't nesting any longer! :)

TheBimbo
06/17/2006, 04:01 PM
Goood Luck!!! photos are always nice ;) ...

Christy...:)

Jamie2337
06/20/2006, 11:09 PM
Well, the show was interesting. I never was able to get on my horse! I still havent been able to ride her. I purchased a new girth in her size. Much to my dismay, she was too big for it!!! (I know how she feels when I put on my breeches!) The tack shop at the show did not have a girth big enough for her or an extender, so I am waiting for State Line Tack to send us one!

So, we did a lot of groundwork and walking around! I did show on Sunday on a mare that had never been ridden English in an equitation class. We came in last place. Apparently yanking back on your out of control horse for dear life isnt what the judge wants to see in an equitation class! Note to self...always make sure a bit will stop the horse before entering the show ring!

Here is a picture of Sable and I at the show. Notice the lack of saddle! ANd the funky cowboy halter because none of my Arabian stuff fits her! I cant wait until my State Line Tack package gets here!
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/105936mini-Black_River_Horse_Association_206.jpg

Hunter21
06/21/2006, 12:32 AM
she's a beauty! congrats on her and hope next round goes better for you! :D

Erin

Nina51
06/21/2006, 04:57 AM
what a pretty mare!! umm, will your state line tack package include a mounting block??? she's a taaaaaall drink o' water!

i can relate, tuffy requires an 84" girth. even then, it's a struggle. as for fly sheets, it's almost impossible to find one that fits him correctly. he has virtually no withers so any fly sheet i've ever used, in a matter of minutes, slides back and he looks like he's choking.

Minuteman
06/21/2006, 06:26 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7577750#post7577750 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Nina51
goooooood morning to you too! i've been busier than a one-legged man at an arse kickin' contest. i am SO learning how to do things that gary always did. so far today, i have pitched the old garden hose and transferred the front yard one that we never use out to the back yard, threaded it through under the deck and brought it out the end where most of my flowers are. had to use the vice grips to unhook that puppy. it's been hooked up for years.

then i got the hacksaw out and trimmed some low-hanging tree branches that slapped me upside the head every time i walked to the barn.

i have all of my petunias trimmed, i moved the solar powered gazing ball out to the patio where we can see it from the living room window or while sitting on the deck, i watered everything that needed to be watered, i tweaked the fountain pumps and cleaned the crud out of them, fed all the birds, tied up the clematis vines that are going crazy, sorted 10,000 mealworms and put them away, all i have left to do outside is clean and refill the hummingbird feeders. by the time i get done, gary should be awake and i can start on the INside of the house.

noooooooo rest for the wicked!!! ;)

A HACKSAW to trim tree branches??????? Nooooooooooooo, in the name of all that is good... put the tools away, Nina!!! I KNEW if felt a disturbance in the force...:eek:

Nina51
06/21/2006, 07:35 AM
what's wrong with a hacksaw? hey, i just grab the first tool i see. actually, the hacksaw was the second tool. the first one was a screw driver. it didn't work very well. ;)

TheBimbo
06/21/2006, 08:25 AM
What a very, very, very big horse Jamie, but also just beautiful ... You'll get em' next time ;) ...

Christy...:)

Minuteman
06/21/2006, 09:22 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7599740#post7599740 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Nina51
what's wrong with a hacksaw? hey, i just grab the first tool i see. actually, the hacksaw was the second tool. the first one was a screw driver. it didn't work very well. ;)

OMG... I think Bob Vila just keeled over!!!

The right tool for the right job, Nina!!! There are only 5 possible tools for cutting trees (in increasing order of coolness):

Axe:
http://images.lowes.com/product/049206/049206118836.jpg

Lopper:
http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/HDUS/EN_US/asset/images/eplus/161802_4.jpg

Bow Saw
http://images.lowes.com/product/038313/038313004248.jpg

Tree pruner
http://images.lowes.com/product/038313/038313037147.jpg

Chain Saw:
http://images.lowes.com/product/705788/705788500239.jpg

To see the range of chainsaw coolness:
http://www.guzer.com/videos/v8_chainsaw.php

And before anybody complains... hatchets are for sissies!

Nina51
06/21/2006, 10:20 AM
i seeeeeriously do not think you want nina turned loose with an axe. really, i don't think you do.

der_wille_zur_macht
06/21/2006, 03:45 PM
In the words of a local car dealer, that is one HUUUUUGGGGEEEEEEE-ah horse!

crzy4reefs
06/21/2006, 03:50 PM
she is huge she's gotta be well over 16 hands high.
and just beautiful. i can't wait to own another horse.