PDA

View Full Version : Teachers of the lounge....

emilye2
06/15/2006, 07:35 AM
Okay, so the end of the school year is drawing near and I am trying to come up with a gift for my daughter's Pre-K teacher. I am incredibly grateful to this woman as she has really worked hard with these kids. Before going to Kindergarten she has taught them to write their full names, write numbers 1-10, she's taught them words like symmetry, and oviparous and what they mean. My daughter has gained an incredibly wealth of knowledge in this year and I would like to show her my gratitude for that.
What are some things that teachers really wish they got for gifts at the end of the year? Or just ideas in general! :) There is also a teacher's aide that I would like to recognize as well. Thanks all! :D

Nina51
06/15/2006, 07:47 AM
how about a gift certificate for a nice, relaxing massage? my co-worker gets a massage every 2 weeks, it relieves her pain from fibromyalgia, and she can't live without them. for covering for me when gary first got sick, and never EVER complaining about having to do a lot of my urgent work, i got her a gift certificate at the massage therapist. for fifty bucks, i got her 3 months of massages. she is just now using up the last one and she was SO appreciative! :)

VoidRaven
06/15/2006, 07:48 AM
One year my mom gave my brother's teacher a $25 gift card to a local restaurant (Olive Garden), some candles from AI ROOT Candle Company (a VERY quality candle company here in OH), and some homemade cookies.

Just a thought for you, Ultimate Mom! I'm sure you can come up with some good ideas considering your craftiness!

jpfelix
06/15/2006, 07:53 AM
a bigger paycheck?

does she have a favorite critter? i like fish, julie likes frogs, anne likes birds, tim is into chickens. we give each other little gifts of these.

a card with your feelings written in it would be greatly appreciated.

ShannonT
06/15/2006, 08:55 AM
The massage gift certificate sounds nice. :)

One of my parents wrote me the greatest letter of appreciation this year, which was an awesome gift!

Just no mugs or gift certificates to "teacher" stores.

emilye2
06/15/2006, 09:04 AM
Shannon-see that's what I was wondering, what are the gifts that every teacher is like, "Oh gee how nice. NOT!"

Definately yes on the letter....VR-don't have a lot of time on the crafty thing. But I'll look into it. Might have to consult the Ultimate Grandma on that one! :D

Minuteman
06/15/2006, 09:11 AM
My Grandma is not available for consult. Sorry...

ShannonT
06/15/2006, 11:16 AM
Other gifts you might want to avoid: stuffed animals (unless it's a favorite critter kind), and boxes of candy (at least for the end of the year).

My students know I love chocolate, so many got me that for Christmas, which was fine, because I could share it when we went visiting. But over summer, that's dangerous!

Raki04
06/15/2006, 11:23 AM
When my daughter and I where pre-school teachers we really liked the written thank yous we got ... there was one parent that also told our director how much she liked us and that was even better. For gifts ...and gift cert. to a local mall or store is a good idea or one for a local movie theather.