PDA

View Full Version : My C7 injection is over and............

finding nemo
06/14/2006, 03:38 PM
since no one asked how my enjection went I thought I would tell ya anyway.

Got there a nervious reck, bp way up,
got the iv started, just saline it appeared and I rested until the doc was ready for me.
Then off I went into this cool scary room, LOL.
Anyway.
Got me on a cool table with an xray thing above me and had me chest on a hard square block covered in some material, head on a pillow that looked like a pillow for people with hemoroids,:)
comfy tho.
Arms down beside me and tucked under me. IV layed over my arm,
Now before I was on my chest I am watching the nurse fill several syringes with stuff, long needles they had, yikes.
One nurse up by my head asks me if I would like something relax me, I say , oh yea, I am ready to relax after watching that stuff.
So she injects it into the iv I I wonder how long it will take to put me.........................................

I wake up in the little room with the woman writing down my blood pressure. Offering me a soda and I think where did I get to and what happened.
She lets me lay there a few minutes to make sure I am awake and yup, I am, not like the usual trying to wake up stuff, all of a sudden I am awake and wonder what happened.
Somehow they had gotten the injections done, I was flipped over onto the hospital bed and moved to the room.
And I don't remember a darn thing.:)
Felt ok for a bit but the injection site started to hurt so under instructions from my doc I finished shopping at the pet store and eating a nice big lunch:):) we went home and I got on ice.
I had a bad night from the injection site but have not had to take any pain meds yet today.
I am praying and keeping crossed everything I have that will cross that this will take care of my pain.
I will be screaming in a day or two to you all if it doesnt. LOL
Doc says to get back to whatever I like to do today or what I feel like doing so will do what I normally do, water the gardens and do things outside since the weather is nice this morning..
So anyway, just the longwinded update as to how it all went.

And an update as of 3:30 pm am feeling fine but painfull injection site.
I have not had to take anything for the pain until just a few minutes ago and only took IB profen.
80% of my pain is gone and I am delighted.
Just wanted to let anyone that was interested know how it went.:)

Minuteman
06/14/2006, 03:41 PM
Glad to hear it went well!!!

Travis L. Stevens
06/14/2006, 03:54 PM
SO far so good. I love it. Here's hopin' for ya

crzy4reefs
06/14/2006, 04:21 PM
really glad all went well.

TheBimbo
06/14/2006, 04:36 PM
Glad to hear all went well for you ;) ... Oh and it's Brian's fault that we didn't ask ;) ...

Christy...:)

Gawain1974
06/14/2006, 04:40 PM
Glad to hear things went well! I'm jealous, when I had my injections in my sacroiliac joint, they kept me wide awake. I had a local, but still, the noise of a needle scraping a bone isn't a pleasant sound. :lol:

finding nemo
06/14/2006, 05:43 PM
Brian, you are so bad')
I am so happy with the results of this. I am having a bit of pain but then the doc said don't expect any pain relief for 3 to 7 days, but today I am about 85% pain free.
I am so happy, even my mental attitude is better, (so hubby says) but I can change that I told him!!:)
They have come a long way in medicine that is for sure and if anyone needs to have something like this done tell them you don't want to be awake thru it all.
God Bless Doc Kemp and the nurses. They even called me today to check up on me and sent me a get well soon card via email.
Amazing people.
Thanks everyone for the thumbs up.

Ritten
06/14/2006, 07:34 PM
Karen, so glad things went well for you. You have been in pain for far to long.

skippy2
06/14/2006, 07:39 PM
Hey Karen glad things went well for you. Hoping for many more pain free days from now on!!!

finding nemo
06/14/2006, 07:45 PM
Kelli and Peggy, thanks so much. Yes I sure have.
Until this doctor came along to help me. Everyone else was sure it was a pinched nerve that was unseen on any of the tests so did not know what to treat or how.
I have to say that my attitude towards life had gone downhill the last few months, I was to the point that if I had to live the rest of my life this way, I was'nt going to.
I just couldnt bare it day after day.
But I am praying this will do the trick and each day will be more painfree then the next and I can enjoy life again.
Thanks everyone for the kind words and support.

skippy2
06/14/2006, 07:53 PM
Glad you found the right Dr. finally!!!! I take a calcium shot everyday. Have since last Nov. Before that, I went over 9 yrs. with horrible burning back aches.

finding nemo
06/14/2006, 07:58 PM
Gosh skippy , why do you have to take them daily? And do they go in your hip?
Sorry for your pain, I can relate.

skippy2
06/14/2006, 08:07 PM
The shot I take is forteo. It's an injection I give myself daily in my lower abdomen. It's straight calcium that is supposed to be helping my osteophorsis. I have a bulging disk in my lower back. When my orthopedist said I needed surgery, I told him I didn't have time!!! He sent me to another orthopedist who prescribed the shots. I take care of my Dad since my Mom died a yr. ago. There is no way I can take time off for my back. The shots are a miracle cure. Well, maybe not miracle but so far so good (most days at least).

finding nemo
06/14/2006, 08:17 PM
That sure sounds painfull but if it helps, we have to do what we can, and bless you for taking care of your dad, he is lucky to have such a son.
Sorry to hear about your mom.

skippy2
06/14/2006, 08:22 PM
Dude, I'm a Grandma:)

TheBimbo
06/14/2006, 09:45 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7562430#post7562430 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by skippy2
Dude, I'm a Grandma:)

Pssst, I think it's the medications ;) ...

Christy...:rollface:

jpfelix
06/14/2006, 10:45 PM
it's great to hear that you're no longer a pain....i mean in pain.:p

joeychitwood
06/15/2006, 03:27 AM
I hope you get long-lasting relief with this injection. They can be repeated infrequently if needed.

finding nemo
06/15/2006, 05:52 AM
Sorry skippy, but I am not a dude, :) yea its the pain meds;)
it is my only excuse.
Last night I started getting a jolt of pain down my left leg when I bend forward, was hoping it was gone this morning but nope, so will call the doc as the after effects said I might get that and to call him.
JP , yea your right I have been a pain;)
but I hope everyone forgives me, I promise to do better;) maybe~

VoidRaven
06/15/2006, 05:53 AM
Nemo, so glad to hear that the procedure went well and that you are on the mend (so to speak). I hope that it is not long before you are as active as you used to be.....just don't go lifting any more concrete planters by yourself, 'k? :D

finding nemo
06/15/2006, 05:56 AM
Morning Void, thanks, trust me I won't.
I don't ever want to go thru what I have been thru again.
I lost many months of my life laying around in pain and not getting done what I wanted to.
I had many new gardens planned for the place and not one got started.
I just nurtured the ones I have and added here and there.
Will be taking it easy for another week or so until I am no longer in pain and then go from there.