PDA

View Full Version : Update on my mom

petenheather
06/14/2006, 11:20 AM
Goodmorning
I want to thank you all for still using the Avatar, It means a lot to me and my family:) My mom was doing very well with the cheamo, no real side effects that Zofran could not eliminate, but 3 weeks ago she started having excruciating pain in her left hip and after numerous scans, they found the cancer had spread to her hip bones...blah...now she is scheduled for surgery 06/21/06 to have a Splint/rod put in her hip so she can start radiation therapy..without the surgery her bones are too weak and could not handle the radiation. We as a family are determined to help her get through this and back on to receiving her cheamo/radiation...She is a stubborn Italian woman, and this will not keep her down..anyways, thanks for all the kind thoughts and prayers

Heather:)

skippy2
06/14/2006, 12:05 PM
wow. praying for your mom and all the rest.

petenheather
06/14/2006, 12:12 PM
Thanks Skippy...We need all the prayers we can get

Nina51
06/14/2006, 12:28 PM
from one stubborn italian woman to another, go get 'em mom!

heather, i'm glad your mom has you to cheer her on. attitude, i have been told, is a very big part of beating cancer. i see it every day with gary. he is determined to win and we, as caregivers, must do whatever we can to keep spirits up. hope the surgery goes well, special prayers being offered from illinois. :)

petenheather
06/14/2006, 12:35 PM
Oh nina...thanks..its been a pretty long 3 weeks here..u know waiting for results is always the hardest part...I am just so glad that she is eating! and yes as caregivers we too carry all the stuff on our backs ...but I would not change a thing...I AM her best friend as well as her daughter...That darn sicillian woman wont give up......not that I would let her.

Nina51
06/14/2006, 12:38 PM
ohhh she's sicilian! well hey, that makes her even MORE italian! and that makes her even MORE stubborn! ;)

Ritten
06/14/2006, 12:39 PM
So sorry for your family. Our family will keep your mom in our prayers.

Minuteman
06/14/2006, 12:39 PM
<><

petenheather
06/14/2006, 12:41 PM
YUP..100%...cant keep us Italians down or quiet!:lol: