PDA

View Full Version : Modified

boxfishpooalot
06/14/2006, 10:52 AM
Here I am lying in bed in my apartment, trying to sleep before work. Suddenly I hear a faint knock at the door.... I turn my head, look and watch as the dead bolt slowly opens.

The door opens up and out pops a 70 year olds head peeking In. I shout HELLO!Im coming! Realizing my cat is on my bed, I started to freak out, because cats are not allowed. So I throw the blanket on the cat, exposing my half naked body....

After jumping out of bed, I run to the bedroom door in my underwear and slam the door. Looking for somthing to wear I throw on a robe.

After coming to my half asleep scences, I walk towards the closed apartment door, when the landlord starts to open the door. She says, "the reapair men have to come in to check for leaks". Boy was I furious!

So I said with a groggy voice and a frown on my face "COME ON IN". The repair men enter my apartment and first thing they say is WOW nice tank, how many years to get there. I said " Years, not years". Then they start poking around under the sink, to check for leaks. At this point im thinking , o shoot, hope they dont think that my new RO/DI is leaking......what a day.

So one repair man turns to me and says, we had some water flowing down the wall in the floor below you. Is there any chance that the aquarium has leaked?

I said yes that the aquarium overflowed a little after a water change last week. He said, O, Ok, and they walked out.

So here I am, thinking dont they have to give written notice? I checked it out and yes they do if they want to enter you suit! I hate living in an apartment,and im not sure what to do about this....

Billybeau1
06/14/2006, 11:06 AM
Well, your aquarium did leak to the apartment below. I suppose she could have told you to get rid of it. That would have been dissapointing.

I would write her a letter giving her your phone number and request (nicely) that she call and give you a little notice the next time she needs to get in. I dont think 15 or 20 min notice is unreasonable.

And the cat...... well...... your getting away with that one for now :D

Conceyted
06/14/2006, 11:08 AM
you are mad because you overflowed your tank and didn't tell your landlord so they woke you up when you were trying to sleep. hehe

crzy4reefs
06/14/2006, 11:11 AM
when i was a landlord we always gave at least 24 hour notice if we had to get into the apartements. sometimes it was only a few hours those were rare occassions

BrianD
06/14/2006, 11:11 AM
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=641659