PDA

View Full Version : Read this

boxfishpooalot
06/13/2006, 06:43 PM
Ok my mom sent me this, thought Id share. I thougt it was cool. Can you read it?

Cna yuo raed tihs?

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.

The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

otolith
06/13/2006, 06:45 PM
Roespt

:lol:

Wilafur
06/13/2006, 06:51 PM
x ifniinty

Sk8r
06/13/2006, 07:14 PM
Actually---English goes by 3's. Consonant-vowel-consonant. The best readers can spot these combos fast and divvy even an unfamiliar word in a hurry, pronouncing it by units. I've seen people who were taught by whole-word recognition, and they're at a considerable disadvantage when confronting new words, because they have to figure a paradigm, and THAT's a complex operation. If you learn the 3-letter method, you can sightread anything and sound out the syllables. The trick to it is knowing that certain combined letters [th, rh, sh] and all dipthongs [oe, ae, ue] are 'a' letter.

sk8r, who spent WAY too much time teaching seniors how to sightread.

Hunter21
06/13/2006, 07:41 PM
same goes for music, sightreading music as well, just looking at the note on the staff and you can instantly figure out the key. spent 9 yrs. in choir! lol :D

Erin

Scuba_Dave
06/13/2006, 07:51 PM
Ls tm I rd ts I fl ff my dinosr

Hunter21
06/13/2006, 08:13 PM
LOL!!!!!

Erin

rcmike
06/13/2006, 08:24 PM
I understood everything.

Well, besides what Sk8r said! :lol:

Freed
06/13/2006, 08:33 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7555357#post7555357 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Scuba_Dave
fl ff my dinosr

What's this above mean?

rcmike
06/13/2006, 08:53 PM
Maybe he should check here. http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=641659

Travis L. Stevens
06/14/2006, 09:00 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7555124#post7555124 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Sk8r
Actually---English goes by 3's. Consonant-vowel-consonant. The best readers can spot these combos fast and divvy even an unfamiliar word in a hurry, pronouncing it by units. I've seen people who were taught by whole-word recognition, and they're at a considerable disadvantage when confronting new words, because they have to figure a paradigm, and THAT's a complex operation. If you learn the 3-letter method, you can sightread anything and sound out the syllables. The trick to it is knowing that certain combined letters [th, rh, sh] and all dipthongs [oe, ae, ue] are 'a' letter.

sk8r, who spent WAY too much time teaching seniors how to sightread.

Ya, isn't that called Phonics? Ah, but yes. I will back up what you are saying. My wife is a whole word recognizer and she has a lot of trouble reading new things or advanced things. There is no way that she would be caught dead reading my old text books. But on the other hand she is trying and starting to learn phonics at her own pace by herself.