PDA

View Full Version : sick african flame back angel

brad23
06/12/2006, 05:09 PM
His blues have been turning white and hes been rubbing him self on the rock here the last few days.

He is in the QT tank and had Ick which I haven't seen come back yet It's been 2 weeks now and he started rubbing him self on the rocks again a few days ago.

I used copper and still have it in the system at .25. My Nitrates are .50 in the QT tank.

Anyone have ideas? I don't want to lose this fish he cost a lot of money.

brad23
06/12/2006, 10:36 PM
That's kind of high for copper.

My Wrasse looked really sick as well, I put a glass top on the tank and I think I might have starved the fish of air as the warsse was at the waters surface . I put eg crate and moved the PH to the top to get a lot of flow on the waters surface.

I hope he makes it through the night, my flame backs gills look inflamed and he was rubbing them but there is no sign of any parasites anywhere.

ACBlinky
06/12/2006, 11:28 PM
Pictures might help someone diagnose the angel's condition. How long have you had the fish in the QT with copper at that level? What are the ammonia and nitrite levels? I find that when in doubt, a water change usually helps - I can't think of a situation where clean, fresh water would hurt.

brad23
06/13/2006, 08:23 AM
The copper has been at .25 or so for 3 weeks, the AM is 0 Nitrates are .50 and have been for two weeks. I did a water change on Sunday of 5g. 37g QT tank.

As of this morning, the fish don't look any better, the Wrasses is still breathing hard but is now on the tank floor instead of the surface and the Angel is scraping its Gills on the rocks.

His gills are starting to turn red from the scraping. There is still no visible parasites on the fish.