PDA

View Full Version : Ordering Berghia verrucicornis

lsu_terry
06/12/2006, 12:51 PM
Hello,

I am looking to order some Berghia for my aiptasia-infested tank. I was thinking about ordering from www.saltyunderground.com. Does anyone have any experience with them, or does anyone have experience with another place?

Thanks!

Shooter7
06/12/2006, 12:53 PM
She is local to me and I have purchased from her before. As far as I'm aware, I have not seen any bad feedback on them.

manderx
06/12/2006, 01:17 PM
berghia are interesting to watch, but ultimately ineffective at handling the aiptasia. you'll put some in your tank. then it'll be weeks before you see them again. a few more weeks before you notice any aiptasia being eaten. then a few more weeks and you won't see many if any aiptasia. then the berghia starve. then the bits and pieces of aiptasia that they left/missed all sprout back faster than ever. been there/done that.

lsu_terry
06/12/2006, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I have researched my options for aiptasia control, and Berghia seem to be my best bet. I have tried the chemical approach (vinegar, Joe's juice), but I only received a population explosion. My tank is not large enough for a butterfly fish. I am not able to keep shrimp either.

Any more input is appreciated :)

ERICinFL
06/12/2006, 07:57 PM
See if your LFS will "lease" you Copper Banded Butterfly. If your tank isn't large enough to keep one permenantly, this this may be an option.