PDA

View Full Version : My kid the pincushion!

emilye2
06/12/2006, 11:05 AM
My poooooor Madeline Rose had to go get her shots today. She's four so it's a bit more traumatic than when she was a babe. She would have made a Marine proud! She had to get three shots, one of which was the MMR which stings like crazy. She just jumped a little and said, "OW!" Not a tear was shed. She looked a little shaken up afterwards but she bounced right back when the nurse let her carry the clipboard back out to the receptionist. :) I'm very proud of my little girl she took it like a man! :D

clavery
06/12/2006, 11:43 AM
Awwww, Emily, that's so tough. You should be proud of her. My 18 year old son cries like a little baby when he has to get a shot!!!!!!

PoukieBear
06/12/2006, 12:38 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7544984#post7544984 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by emilye2
I'm very proud of my little girl she took it like a man! :D

Not my man! He usually passes out at the doctors office as soon as he sees the needle!

When he does go, someone has to drive him there and back, because when he finaly wakes up, he'll start throwing up and have dizzy spells.... WHIMP!

You have one tough little girl!

papagimp
06/12/2006, 12:40 PM
They'll get over it, I used to cry when I got shots as a baby, now I have piercings and tattoo's everywhere.....maybe you should continue to instill fear of needles to prevent piercings later in life. hmmmm?

Travis L. Stevens
06/12/2006, 12:48 PM
NOOO!!! RUN ADAM!!! Get out of the lounge before you're stuck for life!

*In his best Arnold voice* GET OUT!!
http://news.softpedia.com/images/news2/Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Signs-For-Terminator-4-And-True-Lies-2-2.jpg

The Lounge, tis a silly place
http://faculty.smu.edu/bwheeler/kinga/monty1.jpg

NewMariner
06/12/2006, 03:41 PM
My son recieved RSV shots every month during RSV season. At about 20 months(hes now 28 months) I went with him to get his shots. He recieved 2 shots a month. They would do them in each arm at the same time to minamalize the trauma. My son had been through so much up to that point, he just watched. When they finally stuck him, his little lip puckered up and gave the nurses a "Why did you do that to me?" look. A tear was not shed. And no screaming either. I was impressed.

emilye2
06/12/2006, 03:51 PM
I can't imagine how many little holes your guy must have Tony!! :( the very first time madeline ever got shots at 2 weeks old she didn't cry. She did however give the nurse a Look that very distinctly said, "What the H** was that for lady?!" so much so that the nurse burst out laughing. She said it was the first time she'd ever been told off by a newborn!! :D

catdoc
06/12/2006, 06:04 PM
Madeline puts my girls to shame! The twins had their 4-year visit and immunizations this year and it was horrible. The first one to go was unprepared for it, so it was almost over before the wailing began. Number 2 though, she saw it coming and was screaming as we got her on the table. :( It was awful and next time, we either do them on separate visits or both girls get injections simulataneously. I was all but in tears myself. Maybe next time, I'll send Daddy to do the dirty deed!

crp
06/12/2006, 06:21 PM
The last shot my son had he was 10. My husband took him and came home really mad and embarrassed. Seems the boy hid under a chair in the exam room and wouldn't come out. My husband had to drag him out! :lol:

My daughter is 12 and went to the doctors about 2 weeks ago. She needed a tetanus shot. Watched the nurse do it and never batted an eye! :D

Carrie

JmLee
06/12/2006, 06:30 PM
YAY glad to hear she bounced back so quickly!. I always feel so bad when my daughter gets her shots. I Have to sit " outside " and my wife sits in there with her.

jpfelix
06/12/2006, 09:56 PM
good job! you should be proud!

i barely moved during my last shots. i got a tetnus and digital block last wednesday. stupid sandals!

papagimp
06/13/2006, 01:00 PM
My youngest brother, when he was about 3 years old, had to get a shot, I forget what for, but anyways, the nurse stuck him, and like a ninja he stuck her upside the head with his foot so quickly that nobody saw it coming until too late. score one for the kiddies!