PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a 100 gal. truvu plexi tank

delsol650
06/12/2006, 10:50 AM
Just bought a 100 plexi tank, I belive its 60x20x24 or 60x24x24.

I did does not have any holes drilled on it as I only have plans to put HOB Large refug./PS on it. probly 2 to support the tank and probly a Eheim or Fluval canister filters.

I plan to make it into a reeftank but soft corals ( mushrooms and other easy to keep soft corals ) but may venture to some easier to keep hard corals.

I am getting the CaribSea Live Aragonite Substrate to start the tank setup process and some base rock. Once the tank is stable, I will start getting premium encrusted rock from TBS.

Live stock plans. Your typical reef set up of cleaning crew setup and sand sifter such as Dragon goby's and sand sifting stars.

My question though is what type of lighting is good enough to run a systems like this? I really don't want to go with MH since they do build up a lot of heat and don't really want to spend extra $$$ for chillers and such. I seen people talk about T-5's and VHOs but which is good? I used to have a 55 reef with PC's ( softcorals ) work really well. I don't know how much my house's fueses could deal with high ampage lights? Planing to get a electrician to look @ my house to see if any upgrades need to be done to handle the load I am planing to put for this tank.

Do you guys think 2 large HOB fuge's w/ PS , canister filter and a ton of live rock/sand would be sufficient to hold the 100 gal reef?

thanks in advance for your opinions...

Charles-
AKD DELSOL650

junglejim83
06/12/2006, 12:28 PM
i responded to your post on the beginners forum.
Jim