PDA

View Full Version : Keep your fingers crossed for me.....

purduefan
06/12/2006, 10:13 AM
You may or may not know I'm losing my job in November.

I was getting a bit bummed out because I was hearing a lot of "you're overqualified" type of things. However -- I had a really good interview the other day. You know the ones where you walk out KNOWING you did a fabulous job, you really "clicked" with the interviewer? I am a tad bit more expensive than they were anticipating -- but it's not a huge amount. Plus, this is a fabulous position! I'm absolutely thrilled with what the job is -- I would love it!!

So -- keep your fingers crossed for me, say a prayer or just send positive karma my way. I'm hoping I hear something late this week.....

D

crzy4reefs
06/12/2006, 10:18 AM
i'll be sending good vibes your way, best of luck.

BethanyM
06/12/2006, 10:21 AM
fingers and toes crossed!!

AdidaKev
06/12/2006, 10:24 AM
Good luck!

TheBimbo
06/12/2006, 10:26 AM
Good Vibes heading your way ;) !!!

Christy...:rollface:

VoidRaven
06/12/2006, 10:26 AM
Hey, you can count on positive thoughts from me! I'm in the midst of a job hunt myself and have three in the works right now....plus I just stumbled across a potentially awesome job this past Friday that I would LOVE but I don't know if it can get put together in time depending on how these other interviews go. If one of these others comes through then I have to make some fast phone calls to see if this one from Friday could go anywhere or not.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!! Job hunting bites!!!

mikeadams1985
06/12/2006, 10:30 AM
good luck man>

whats the job your applying for?

Minuteman
06/12/2006, 10:37 AM
IN!!! Good luck!

purduefan
06/12/2006, 10:40 AM
I don't know about Void, but I'm going for Director of HR positions. It's what I have done for the past 10 years or so -- and HR is my passion! If HR is done right it can be an asset to a company -- if not, not.
I was bummed for a while because I've invested $30k in an MBA and I kept hearing the dreaded "overqualified" words. I guess too many people still think of the HR department as paper pushers.

VoidRaven
06/12/2006, 01:08 PM
Well, I'm not looking for Director of HR, but definitely looking for management or management-track positions. I too just finished my MBA back in March just to make sure I can stay competitive in the job market.

Anyway, GOOD LUCK!

bsaastad
06/12/2006, 07:49 PM
Good luck!!!

jpfelix
06/12/2006, 09:45 PM
good luck!! hopefully i'm done job hunting.

Nina51
06/13/2006, 05:01 AM
best of luck to you, hope you get just exactly what you want.

you too vr, we have not been very good at keeping up with what's going on. i knew you were hunting but i sure didn't know about all of these possibilities. we really must get together soon! ;)

VoidRaven
06/13/2006, 06:59 AM
Well, I've sort of been keeping most of them quiet...for no other reason than superstition. Don't know why I've become so superstitious as of late, but I have and hence I relly don't talk much about the opportunities that may or may not be opening up. Rest assured I'll definitely let everyone know when I finally land something though!!!