PDA

View Full Version : Ca Reactor

SDFISHMAN
06/11/2006, 02:20 PM
Ok I have a Knop-C reactor its been running for about 2 months.. The problem I've been having I can't get the CA too 420PPMs without the ALK going threw the roof.. My ALK when to 22 so I slowly brought it back to 10.. Now that the ALK is in a good range my CA when back too 280 PPMs.. I have some SPS but not enough to suck up that much CA in 2 days.. My magnesium level is 1420 so that isn't making the CA & ALK swing.. I'm about to give up the hobby. Alot of my friends have CA Reactor but they have 101 excuses why they can't help me ( Karma, Juju ) you name it.. Someone help me stay in this hobby I'm days away from throwing in the towel..

reefshadow
06/11/2006, 02:23 PM
you need to use some type of additive to get the calcium and alk into range, and then rely on the reactor to keep them there.

hth

old salty
06/11/2006, 02:55 PM
Exactly what reefshadow stated!!

I am in the "tuning" phase of my new Geo Ca reactor and once the alkalinity was dialed in, I added some Dr. Farley's Ca recipe to get the calcium up to 440. So far, so good!!

SDFISHMAN
06/11/2006, 03:05 PM
I was useing B-ionic and doing a Kalk drip at the same time.. I'm going to start over again.. What should the steps be?? Thanks for the info I paid a guy $100 to dial it in and its been all ove rthe place.. Its funny all my buddies have CA Reactors and no one want to help or even give advice.. Thanks again and I'll try to do it right this time. Should I recalibrate my Ph Controller again? Its been 1 1/2 months..

CastleRock
06/11/2006, 03:45 PM
What media you have in the reactor? and what PH are you running in the effluent?
if your using ARM run your ph from 6.8 to 7.0
The larger the media the lower your ph needs to be to melt it
and opposite for smaller media.
If you allready have the B-ionic just dose the Cal part till you get there :)