PDA

View Full Version : Zoa propagation

sandstorm1221
06/11/2006, 10:04 AM
Well I sorta propagated a few, say 5, polpys to another rock the other day. Not sure how I did it, but I pulled them off and well found a little hole in my LR n stuck em there. They survived..YAY!

Now my question. Using a razor blade to do it the right way, I would like to move them around my tank from just the little rock they came on when I bought them. Its kinda isolated from all the others. Anyway, can I use superglue gel underwater to place them? or would you guys reccomend something else?

Thanks
Jim

Avi
06/11/2006, 10:47 AM
Sometimes SUper Glue Gel works on a small frag. If it isn't very small though, you'd be better off using epoxy (I very often have used AquaMend that's available at Home Depot.) Even better, use the epoxy and a dab of the Super Glue Gel where the coral frag meets the epoxy and the epoxy meets the rockwork where you place it.

akrimmel
06/11/2006, 11:04 AM
loctite super gel is great for adhearing frags to liverock, will usually set to fast if you do it under water. take the rock and the frag you want to mount and place the out of water and try to get them as dry as you can put the gel on the live rock then place the frag you want on top of it then place the coral and you can put a few more drops to fill in the holes. put in the tank hold it for 10-30 secs so it will set then put the frag in the tank where you like.