PDA

View Full Version : Marlin Boats Inc. ???

BigSkyBart
06/10/2006, 05:56 PM
Does anyone have any ideas on how to look up and find info on a patricular model made by the Marlin Boat company of Oregon. They went out of business in the mid 80's (approx)

I have a 1977 Marlin, Venus, When I purchased it 3 yrs ago, it had 78 hours on the clock. Like new. never stored outside, etc.... you get the idea.

I am trying to fine a schematic of the boat, I have a question on how the center compartment (between seats, under floor, sized for skis) drains. I know where (engine compartment)
I left the boat uncovered during the last rain, took on more water than I care to admit. It's drained, but very very slowly from that compartment.
I want to know the drain routing so I can un clog or re-route if necessary.
Thanks for any advice,
Bart

No luck with the simple things like:
google
LBS (local boat shop)
coat hanger
pointy stick (broken arrow)

O'Man
06/10/2006, 10:57 PM
Try a small snake for drains. They are available at Lowes or Home Depot. Get the one with the smallest diameter possible. You may need to remove the cork-screw-type piece at the end, or cover it with duct tape so it does not damage any of the flexible tubing.

A good blast of high pressure water or air may help also.

BigSkyBart
06/10/2006, 11:38 PM
O'man
Thanks for the snake suggestion, I'm afraid it's not going to be as easy as a snake. When I poked around with the arrow, I was poking along some hidden board/bulkhead and I couldn't find a hole or feel a loose or disconnected hose.
There is not a tube or pipe directly connecting the 2 areas.
It flows thru some mystery path between the deck & hull and winds up coming in near the lowest (very rear of) the engine compartment
Its as though there some fiberglassed chase for the water to travel thru.
I'm just trying to figure out where it is, so I can best clear it.
It is not evident by observation, as a matter of fact the water path makes little to NO sense, again, my reason for trying to find schematic or someone with firsthand knowlege.
Thanks to anyone else with thoughts or info.

XsploveReefin
06/11/2006, 01:46 AM
we have a custom marlin one was made ever its a 27' daycruizer with twin v8 I/o's.