PDA

View Full Version : Airsoft

Andrew
06/10/2006, 02:36 PM
Anyone else have airsoft guns? Can't use paintball in the woods beside us so me and all my friends went with airsoft. Since then I've just been buying tons for me and my dad to use.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f390/Evanish4/picturegun2.jpg

VoidRaven
06/10/2006, 05:31 PM
So how exactly does this work? How do you know when you're "hit" and out of the game? That's why I used to play paintball.....like playin' army when you were a kid except absolutely no arguing when you got hit and were out. I still remember the first time I got tagged in my first game.

So what's the deal? What's the rules for an airsoft "game"?

Jordan55
06/10/2006, 07:31 PM
I used to airsoft very little last year. Just kinda kept one with me around my neighborhood and shot friends for fun kinda stuff. I enjoy paintball much much more.

In airsoft, the gun you are hold feels a lot more real.

But in paintball, I think the amount of adrenaline and tactics are more life like. Atleast they are for me.

Andrew
06/10/2006, 09:40 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7536317#post7536317 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by VoidRaven
So how exactly does this work? How do you know when you're "hit" and out of the game? That's why I used to play paintball.....like playin' army when you were a kid except absolutely no arguing when you got hit and were out. I still remember the first time I got tagged in my first game.

So what's the deal? What's the rules for an airsoft "game"?

We play with flags and divde into two teams and the first one to get the other teams frag wins. Today we had 10 on each team. Everyone is pretty much truthful reather they are shot or not and once you are shot you have to wait 30 seconds. Today we have an ex-marine come and play and he's got one heck of a gun. We play in the woods and thicket beside our house. It's huge and has paths all the way through it. Most of the time we don't go back in the woods but the thicket area is the best.

VoidRaven
06/10/2006, 09:40 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7536779#post7536779 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jordan55

But in paintball, I think the amount of adrenaline and tactics are more life like. Atleast they are for me.

I was a scenario-woods p'baller. And I agree whole heartedly with your statement. Nothing like scouting a village and suddenly coming under HEAVY fire from one of the structures and then trying to regroup and assault it. Something about the sound of rounds impacting on drums, walls, buildings....the poppoppoppoppoppopppop of those high-end gun guys blowing through their paint (I loved to wait these speedballers out...they never could understand strategy....at least, not the guys I used to play against). Back when I used to play the only guys you *really* had to worry about where the ones packing Shockers. Today, well, I'm told it's a WHOLE different ballgame.

I used to always carry alternative firepower for those kinds of situations. Too bad no one really makes the stuff I used to carry anymore. Aside from high-grade smoke I used to carry the Strange Ordinance M69-A2 paint grenade. A wonderful weapon and gauranteed to work every time. I still have one....had to keep one after turning in my marker and mask for "real life". Still have a Tippman Squadbuster grenade too. My team was working on mobile artillery before we all went our separate ways. The owner of the field where we played was a little crazy like our ideas and loved the way we played. Had we been able to put the unit together he would have let us use it. Sadly, it never came to be.

lilbuddy
06/10/2006, 10:41 PM
My club has air rifle match's all the time but I never been to one...seems like fun for the kids...I prefer the real deal...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/lilbuddy/AR.jpg

JmLee
06/11/2006, 12:42 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7537736#post7537736 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lilbuddy
My club has air rifle match's all the time but I never been to one...seems like fun for the kids...I prefer the real deal...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/lilbuddy/AR.jpg

same here. I used to speed ball and bush ball alot, and i also tried airsoft a few times but nothing beats paintball because when u get hit it really can hurt.

lilbuddy
06/11/2006, 08:59 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7538202#post7538202 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JmLee
same here. I used to speed ball and bush ball alot, and i also tried airsoft a few times but nothing beats paintball because when u get hit it really can hurt. That aint no paintball gun, that's an AR-15.....:D but I do like paintball....

there is an am radio show here and last week the DJ's were shooting each other with the airsoft guns and from what I gather it hurts pretty good....

Andrew
06/11/2006, 10:02 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7539007#post7539007 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lilbuddy

there is an am radio show here and last week the DJ's were shooting each other with the airsoft guns and from what I gather it hurts pretty good....

Yea. Some hurt alot more then others. Once you get over 350 fps or an auto, it starts to hurt.

stlrams88
06/11/2006, 10:41 AM
I did the airsoft thing for a while, and i found that paintball is more fun. I went through a few gun, nothing too expensive though. And yeah it hurts when you get into the high 300s fps-wise. Theres a place near here thats called cqb or something like that, and is basically like an indoor airsoft speedball arena, thats pretty fun. A few of my friends have some real high end super upgraded guns. A kid in my neighborhood has a classic army m15a4cqb with an autowinding double mag, aimpoint replica red-dot, flashlight/laser, and a sun projects m203 with a 160 rd shell..its a crazy gun.

voidraven, the game has changed unbelievably haha. The shocker is still a great gun but with the 1300-1400$ guns that are out there now, it looks like a peice of junk, but there are so many ups that will put it at the really high end level.

Andrew
06/11/2006, 11:00 AM
Playing indoor around here cost a crap load. Me and my friends would much rather play in the woods.

stlrams88
06/11/2006, 11:02 AM
Yeah cqb is expensive, we usually play in the woods, like 8 or 10 of us, so its nothing real major but its still enough people to have fun.

Sloth
06/11/2006, 03:48 PM
Do the airsoft shotguns spray bunches of BB's or do they just shoot one at a time?

Andrew
06/11/2006, 08:35 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7540742#post7540742 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Sloth
Do the airsoft shotguns spray bunches of BB's or do they just shoot one at a time?

Depends on the gun. One I have puts out 10 rounds a second while the pistols are one shot only and then you have to **** it like a real gun.

Sloth
06/12/2006, 10:47 AM
Haha. Dirty talk gets censored.

Andrew
06/12/2006, 11:37 AM
Ohh... Well everyone knows that wasn't meant to be bad.

stlrams88
06/12/2006, 02:58 PM
The higher end shotguns will shoot a few shots at a time, but the cheap ones will only shoot one.

Andrew
06/12/2006, 03:08 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7546458#post7546458 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by stlrams88
The higher end shotguns will shoot a few shots at a time, but the cheap ones will only shoot one.

The M3000 I have can shot a few at a time but then again you are slowing down the speed. The M3000 is sweet for its value.

stlrams88
06/12/2006, 05:49 PM
I havent been in the airsoft world for a loong time, is the m3000 maruzen or marui?

Andrew
06/12/2006, 06:45 PM
It's made by Smith & Wesson.

stlrams88
06/13/2006, 02:56 PM
So its a dicks/ wal mart gun...

Andrew
06/13/2006, 03:10 PM
I got mine at a MC Sports. Wal-mart guns are cheap guns that break the day you get them.

stlrams88
06/13/2006, 03:38 PM
Any gun from any sort of sporting goods store will break....check it out...

www.precisionairsoft.com

www.airsoftatlanta.com

www.airsoftextreme.com

Those are the good guns.

Andrew
06/13/2006, 05:54 PM
It's worked since without any problems.

Dakafall
06/13/2006, 06:01 PM
pft, nothin' is gonna ever replace paintball :p :p

Lines heard while playing paintball

1. Grab your balls and let's play.
2. The longer the barrel, the better the shot.
3. Cold weather can harden your balls. Keep them warm.
4. Don't pump it too fast or you may break a ball.
5. If your balls get wet they tend to swell.
6. Frozen balls will not break but hurt more when they hit.
7. If someone's balls don't break, grab them and use them yourself.
8. Balls may bounce if there's not enough power in their thrust.
9. Always carry extra balls.
10. Shake your balls regularly, do not stir.
11. It tastes nasty if you get one in the mouth.
12. Don't pack your balls to tightly or they may not feed well.
13. Store your balls in a cool, dry place.
14. It's not how long the barrel is, it's how you use it.
15. You get what you pay for.
16. Some balls are harder to break then others.
17. Make sure your barrel is clean before you shoot your balls.
18. If I had your balls, I'd play as well as you do to.
19. Don't touch my balls, or I'll splatter your face.
20. How well do your balls fire?
21. Does your marker shoot blanks alot?
22. How well do your balls get the job done?
23. I can shoot farther than you can.
24. Ah HAH! So you're the one with the blue balls.
25. Old balls don't shoot well.
26. Do you need more balls?
27. Can I have some of your balls?
28. It takes only one ball to get the job done.
29. I have better/more balls than you do.
30. Surrender your balls!
31. Lemme see your Balls!
32. If your balls are empty, you have a problem.
33. But seriously ... how are your balls?
34. My balls look bigger than yours.
35. My balls feel colder than yours.
36. How many balls do you have?
37. Wet, swollen balls won't shoot well.
38. Treat your balls like you would treat your own.
39. My balls are hard on the outside and soft on the inside.
40. Smack 'em hard with your balls!
41. Hit 'em where it counts! But don't hit me there!
42. Your balls are cheesy!
43. My balls are fragile. Handle with care.
44. I think I have air bubbles in my balls.
45. My balls have flat spots on them.
46. Oh oh! There's a broken ball in my bag.
47. Somtimes it takes a big marker and a lot of balls to get the job done!
48. My balls may be old, but my marker still shoots straight.
49. What kind of balls do you have?
50. How big are your balls?
51. Oh man .... my balls are leaking!
52. Some people just don't have the balls to win.
53. Don't eat your balls.
54. I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
55. Paintball is a sport where you have to bust your balls.
56. Wear a Cup - Two's Company, Three's a Crowd.
57. Protect your balls - they break easy.
58. Play with your balls before they get bloated.
59. Don't you just hate it when your balls break right before you're about to play with 'em?
60. How many people did you hit with your balls today?
61. Your balls taste funny
62. Watch your balls. If you don't you might lose one.
63. Why do my balls shrink when they're cold?
64. Hey, did you grab my balls?
65. I have no balls.
66. What color are your balls?
67. My dog ate my balls!
68. When it comes to balls, go big or go home!
69. You need balls to get the job done.
70. UH OH! Someone stole my balls!
71. Hey, those are my balls. Leave them alone!
72. Hey your balls look old.
73. I'll hold your balls if you'll hold mine.
74. Don't hit me in the face with your balls!
75. Your balls splattered on my clothes!
76. Don't step on my balls!
77. You need balls to play this game!
78. Make sure no one shoots your balls. They might break.
79. Hey! Are those my balls on your face?
80. DUDE! My balls are premium!
81. OH! My Balls got in my condom!

Hope it's not to long LOL

stlrams88
06/13/2006, 06:32 PM
I love those haha.

Dakafall
06/13/2006, 10:03 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7554849#post7554849 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by stlrams88
I love those haha.

yeeeaaa.... mom didn't really feel the same way :lol: :D

fat-tony
06/13/2006, 10:18 PM
my only experience is the police issue practice 9mm. Barrel is slightly different and each round is a bullet with plastic tip filled with soap. I took one in the arm to see how bad it hurt (400fps).

Wee Man
06/13/2006, 11:49 PM
I have a TM M16-A2 and a KJW Sig P226 GBB. Im saving up for my Tanaka K98, 500 fps out of the box baby.

tkeracer619
06/14/2006, 12:47 AM
i hate the pellets. my neighbors kids have these guns and leave little plastic pellets all over the place. Do they bio degrade. If not i think its worse than paintball in the woods.

stlrams88
06/14/2006, 10:07 AM
I had a tanaka k98 for a while. You are in for a treat my friend. If you get it from airsoft extreme, they have german markings on them. Its a sweeeet gun man you w ill enjoy it.