PDA

View Full Version : Bachelor weekend

kfisc
06/10/2006, 10:23 AM
Woo-hoo!! The wife is away at her cousin's wedding. Hot Diggity! Hello 72 hours of Kfisc Gone Wild!

Let's see:

Last night, I got a whole Boston Chicken, with sides, and ate it ON THE COUCH!!!

I didn't even go to bed until 12:30 a.m. Yes, A.M.!!!

This morning, the dishes still aren't done, and later...hold on to your hats...I may nap after walking the dog.

I just hope I'm not too excited to nap.

amcarrig
06/10/2006, 10:29 AM
And you didn't go with her why? :)

I hope my fiancee doesn't see this because I'm dragging him to my cousin's wedding at the end of the month :)

kfisc
06/10/2006, 10:34 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7534669#post7534669 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by amcarrig
And you didn't go with her why? :)

Nobody to babysit the dog, and couldn't quite muster the time off from work since I'm taking time to go see the folks on their 50th later in the month.

Actually, I think weddings can be a hoot- free food, champagne, all kinds of whacko people to chat up, more champagne, the chicken dance, some polka, more free food.

hogpark7430
06/10/2006, 10:41 AM
LOL go crazy. It sounds like fun but I think it means your growing up.

Note: you don't need a wedding to do the chicken dance, in fact at home you can do it in your under shorts.

Minuteman
06/10/2006, 10:46 AM
CAreful you don't hurt yourself. And make sure you confine your "surfing" to RC only... :D

crp
06/10/2006, 10:49 AM
Just put the dishes on the floor, the dog will clean them and you can put them away after your nap.

Have a great weekend. Or you could surprise her and have the house cleaned and the laundry done when she comes home!

amcarrig
06/10/2006, 11:05 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7534689#post7534689 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kfisc
Nobody to babysit the dog, and couldn't quite muster the time off from work since I'm taking time to go see the folks on their 50th later in the month.
For the first time in a long while, I'm glad that I don't have a dog :) I'd hate to have to go all the way to NC by my lonesome for the wedding.

kfisc
06/10/2006, 11:54 AM
And make sure you confine your "surfing" to RC only...

Shocked!! Shocked at the mere hint of such a suggestion!!!

Or you could surprise her and have the house cleaned and the laundry done when she comes home!

Roger that.

The dog helps scour pots and pans before they hit the sink- a pooch prewash. And yes, like all men, in a moment of sheer impulse, I drank right out of the carton last night while standing there in my shorts, milk trickling down my chin.

clavery
06/10/2006, 03:23 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7535041#post7535041 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kfisc
And yes, like all men, in a moment of sheer impulse, I drank right out of the carton last night while standing there in my shorts, milk trickling down my chin.

Just make sure you wipe the floor in front of the refrigerator before she gets home to remove any evidence!!!!!;)

kfisc
06/10/2006, 03:46 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7535843#post7535843 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by clavery
Just make sure you wipe the floor in front of the refrigerator before she gets home to remove any evidence!!!!!;)

Dog beat me to it.

Speaking of which, we're both now completely bored. Oh, wait, Jeopardy comes on Saturdays around here- whew!

dougadam
06/10/2006, 03:51 PM
Sounds like you needed a break.

kfisc
06/11/2006, 09:46 AM
Whoa, Nellie! The madness just 'don't stop: I had nearly half a large pizza for dinner, and watched "War of the Worlds."

I really wish she'd get home to help me struggle against all this rampant hedonism.

crzy4reefs
06/11/2006, 09:50 AM
ewww war of the worlds....complete waste of my time,

i like the orginal version better,

when's the misses coming back?

kfisc
06/11/2006, 09:55 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7539209#post7539209 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crzy4reefs
ewww war of the worlds....complete waste of my time,

i like the orginal version better,

when's the misses coming back?

It was a bore! The misses can't stand Tom Cruise, but it was the only big movie we hadn't seen last year. Fortunately, she's back tomorrow.

crzy4reefs
06/11/2006, 10:08 AM
i'm not a tom cruise fan but i just love dakota fanning.......she was great in hide n seek (think that's how they spelled it)

clavery
06/11/2006, 04:20 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7539225#post7539225 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kfisc
Fortunately, she's back tomorrow.

Better start picking up now! Kitchen, bedroom and bathroom are most important, IMHO - and don't leave any dishes in the sink. :rolleyes: It just takes away from all the other clean-up work you've done!

Can you tell I've been down this road before? ;)

kfisc
06/11/2006, 04:31 PM
Finishing laundry and putting away dishes, cleaning up the rooms - even roasting a chicken to have it ready to warm up tomorrow p.m.

The wedding was apparantly a bit of a dud- they forced everyone to watch a really lengthy slide show at the reception, complete with narration and music, then speech after speech- the maid of honor started hers with "we've been through the good, the bad, the ugly, everything!" Yes, all that at, umm, 23. Quite a hoot.