PDA

View Full Version : Who is on AIM- Online Help

XsploveReefin
06/09/2006, 07:19 PM
Well This is the thread for you to post your AIM SN so we can chitter chat in real time.

Importwerx Is my SN

XsploveReefin
06/10/2006, 12:08 PM
So im guessing no one on this forum uses aim for communication.

Minuteman
06/10/2006, 12:13 PM
Not really... sorry.

VoidRaven
06/10/2006, 05:34 PM
I do but only for specific folks. I keep it pretty locked down otherwise. Got burned once back in college with ICQ and since then I'm uber-careful when it comes to sharing IM type stuff with people.

TheBimbo
06/10/2006, 07:20 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7536329#post7536329 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by VoidRaven
I do but only for specific folks. I keep it pretty locked down otherwise. Got burned once back in college with ICQ and since then I'm uber-careful when it comes to sharing IM type stuff with people.

:D

Christy...

puffer21
06/10/2006, 07:48 PM
What is ICQ

VoidRaven
06/10/2006, 09:25 PM
(in his best old-man voice) "Well there youngin', ICQ was this wonderful program back in the early days before all this new fangled MSN Messanger, Yahoo IM, and AOL IM. Still exists today I think, but it was a great program for instant messaging among friends and for file sharing."

(sorry, no trying to make fun of ya....just makes me feel old sometimes when you younger folks haven't heard of stuff that I thought was really cool only 5, 6, 8 years ago.)

We used to use it back in college for chatting between dorms and rooms. Oddly enough was better than trying to get ahold of folks by phone when trying to see who was in their room and who wasn't. I don't use it anymore, stopped when I left collge, but it was a great IM program.

And yes Christy with the silly grin....y'all know who you "specific folks" are :D :D

XsploveReefin
06/11/2006, 01:44 AM
Yeah well i know there are younger ppl that still use it~

Hunter21
06/11/2006, 01:52 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7536329#post7536329 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by VoidRaven

I agree with you! I only use mine for specific people, not really into adding someone and just talking to strangers! lol :D

Erin

I also used ICQ in my early yrs. it was a pretty sweet program and like you, I got (I'll use your word too) burned once by some stupid kid! :mad: lol

Conceyted
06/11/2006, 01:55 AM
got burned by someone on icq??? what the hell are you all reffering to?

Hunter21
06/11/2006, 01:56 AM
if we told you that would defeat the purpose of keeping our info a secret! lol :)

Erin

Hunter21
06/11/2006, 02:02 AM
I was using ICQ and met this kid on there, we talked over a couple of monthes and one day he asked if he could send me this video and I asked what of? and he said it was a cool stunt video and I said sure, next thing I knew, I was out of a computer, darn kid sent me a virus which completely harshed my HD and my motherboard was cooked! lol since then, I've stayed away from invitations to chat unless it's with my friends that I add!

Erin

VoidRaven
06/11/2006, 09:11 AM
Yeah, when I got burned it was some kid who wanted to chat...unfortunately I had to head to class and told him I couldn't. At the time I never realized I had my ICQ on "open" so that anyone could chat with me. Anyway, he got ticked 'cause I wouldn't talk with him (he obviously didn't understand having responsibilities and not everyone spent all hours on the web randomly talking to people) and ended up pounding my e-mail account just because he was ticked that I wouldn't chat. Tried to open my e-mail later that day and had LITERALLY over 1,000 messages. Took 45 minutes just to open my e-mail. Deleting everything took even longer. It was just some punk high-school kid who thought he was cool but instead was a.....well, we'll call him jerk since this site is family friendly.

Since then, no one gets my IM info unless I want to give it to them...and it has to be approved on both ends.

crzy4reefs
06/11/2006, 09:55 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7537346#post7537346 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by VoidRaven

And yes Christy with the silly grin....y'all know who you "specific folks" are :D :D

yeah i'm special :)

by the way zack did get to pick out his paint color for his room

TheBimbo
06/11/2006, 10:09 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7539224#post7539224 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crzy4reefs
yeah i'm special :)

by the way zack did get to pick out his paint color for his room

Well what color did he pick??? :D

Christy...

tkeracer619
06/12/2006, 12:59 AM
checker board.......yay I love checkerboard. Please say checkerboard. Its like your at the finish line every time you enter the room.

crzy4reefs
06/12/2006, 06:54 AM
he picked out a minty light green color, looks great i'm happy with it,

VoidRaven
06/12/2006, 10:31 AM
See? He's a regular qualified interior decorator!

So were you able to get lots done with your "little helper" being gone for the weekend?

mikeadams1985
06/12/2006, 10:35 AM
ICQ god i remeber those days

and it had the old worms noises "eh-oh" haha
the name always amazed me ICQ - I-SEEk-YOU

the good old days hey

crzy4reefs
06/12/2006, 10:36 AM
omg i got sooo much done.........eric finally go the rest of the yard raked up, i got zack's room painted and rugs cleaned, and re orgainzed things in the house, got working on cleaning the basement.................

but i'm glad to have my lil guy back again.........and he's catching on with the sign language.......we are working on 3 new ones at the moment.