PDA

View Full Version : Carls Jr's UGH!

Crusty Old Shellback
06/09/2006, 02:29 PM
flag etiquette

I stopped at carl's Jr's today to grab a quick lunch. While I was sitting in line, I noticed the flag was at half mast. I asked the girl at the window why and she said that it was because the founders wife had passed on. I informed her that it was improper to fly the flag at half mast for his wife as that was reserved for very important people. She said she was just following orders so I left it at that for then.

Got back to work and found this site.. http://www.usflag.org/flagetiquette.html

and this part.

The Flag in Mourning
To place the flag at half staff, hoist it to the peak for an instant and lower it to a position half way between the top and bottom of the staff. The flag is to be raised again to the peak for a moment before it is lowered. On Memorial Day the flag is displayed at half staff until noon and at full staff from noon to sunset.

The flag is to be flown at half staff in mourning for designated, principal government leaders and upon presidential or gubernatorial order.

When used to cover a casket, the flag should be placed with the union at the head and over the left shoulder. It should not be lowered into the grave

Notice paragraph 2. UPON Presidential order.

I don't think they got one of those as I didn't see it here at work.

I called the store and spoke to their manager and explained the situation to her as well as tried to give her the website address. Again all she could sy was she was following orders from corporiate. She did take down my name and number but didn't sound like she was going to do anytghing about it.

So I called their corporiate hot line and AGAIN informed them that they were basically discrasing the American flag that I and millions of others have defended, some with their life, by doing this. They took down my information and said they would pass it on. We'll see what happens from here.

:mad: :mad2: :mad2:

Guess I'm just frustiated at this point since I've seen too many shows of disrespect for my country's flag lately. :mad2: :mad2:

End of RANT. carry On!

tkeracer619
06/09/2006, 02:34 PM
I have a flag waving here on my desk....... well its not that windy in here. Mines at full stick.

Crusty Old Shellback
06/09/2006, 03:40 PM
Just got a call back from the manager of the store. :rolleyes: I was a bit supprised.

She says she called her district boss and found out that she did wrong. She misunderstood the direction as she was supposed to lower the Corporiate flag. Since her store dosen't have one, she figured the American flag was good enough. :rolleyes:

She did apoligize several times. Guess it was because of my statement that I and millions of other americans had fought for that flag, some even died for it.

I guess if your going to be a citizen in this country, you had better learn how to properley display it's flag. :mad2:

tkeracer619
06/09/2006, 03:46 PM
get er done!!!!!

VoidRaven
06/09/2006, 03:51 PM
Ok, what exactly is Carl Jr's??? I just heard it referenced on a show I'm watching on G4 TV.....so what, is it a burger joint or something?

Oh, and the flag here is at proper height.

Ereefic
06/09/2006, 03:52 PM
[violation]

What irritates me most is that you knew it before you posted it.

--beerguy

Crusty Old Shellback
06/09/2006, 04:04 PM
VoidRaven,
Carls Jr's is a fast food burger joint.

Ereefic, I can't say I disagree with you. But the national symbol of the US bows to no one. It is reserved for high level digantaries to be lowered when necessary upon their death. Usually someone who has done a greater good for the betterment of the country.

Oh and it is lowered for our military dead, every memorial day. ;)
Did you fly your's at half mast on memorial Day?

hogpark7430
06/09/2006, 04:04 PM
IBTL

Crusty Old Shellback
06/09/2006, 04:09 PM
Yea me too as it looks like it's headed that way now. :rolleyes:

dinoman
06/09/2006, 04:12 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7530889#post7530889 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by VoidRaven
Ok, what exactly is Carl Jr's??? I just heard it referenced on a show I'm watching on G4 TV.....so what, is it a burger joint or something?

:) From what I've been able to figure out its like the West coasts version of Hardees. Same store...different name or something!

Wee Man
06/09/2006, 04:13 PM
Who cares if she has the flag at half mast? Do the actions of Carls Jr disturb you that much? Do you feel magically endowed now that the flag isn't at half mast?

Hunter21
06/09/2006, 04:19 PM
I didn't really like carl's Jr. I like Jack in the box better, or a big cheeseburger at 3 in the morning from whataburger! lol :D

Erin

beerguy
06/09/2006, 04:20 PM
[ua]