PDA

View Full Version : latest news from team gary

Nina51
06/08/2006, 01:06 PM
gary's holding up well, considering. the chemo is not causing any side effects now other than major fatigue. sleep, sleep, sleep, seems to be the order of each day for him. he's slowly gaining back some of the weight he lost.

we are scheduled for a ct scan on 6/22 to determine progress. we will get the results when we visit dr. mink on 6/26.

so, once again, i will ask for (although i know i don't have to!) prayers, good vibes and/or happy thoughts from the loungers.

just recently i read an article in the paper about 3 new drugs that have shown great promise in the treatment of advanced kidney cancer. dr. mink mentioned this a few weeks ago and said that if need be, they are options we can pursue.

i'm having more bad days myself than i have had for a long while. now that we have a date for tests, i seem to be more nervous than i was. i guess i thought as long as life can go on just like it is, treatments, sleep, more treatments, more sleep, then i can accept that lifestyle for the rest of eternity. but now we have a date to find out just exactly where we stand and i'm scared, plain and simple.

Minuteman
06/08/2006, 01:09 PM
Have faith Nina!!! Here's some <>< for ya...

Fat Man
06/08/2006, 01:44 PM
Keep the wind to your back and stay strong, we are here for you.

joeychitwood
06/08/2006, 01:58 PM
I understand your anxiety, and I'm sure it will intensify as the date approaches. I don't think there is any way to ignore it or wish it away. Continue to look for the good, the positive and the Godly in everything.

Orchids
06/08/2006, 02:29 PM
I am sorry the impending appointment is causing you such distress. Keep positive, I hope it all goes well for you Gary and yourself. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Ritten
06/08/2006, 02:50 PM
Sending hugs and happy thoughts your way Nina. My family keeps you in our prayers.

Nina51
06/08/2006, 02:53 PM
thanks everybody.

i've been doing much better than i thought while mom has been here. i was just sure i was gonna fall completely apart the second i laid eyes on her but it didn't happen. although not avoiding the subject of gary's illness altogether, she has not been dwelling on it like i thought she would. ya know how old people (shut UP pete) tend to be all doom and gloom and boohooey? she's been quite the opposite, i am happy to say! ;)

Petie
06/08/2006, 03:52 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7522667#post7522667 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Nina51

so, once again, i will ask for (although i know i don't have to!) prayers, good vibes and/or happy thoughts from the loungers.

You got it kid! Glad to hear he is just tired a lot w/o a lot of other side effects. Hang in there!:D

dc
06/08/2006, 04:14 PM
Well my dear you know we'll pray for only good things. Hopefully you will be able to laugh at worrying so much. Glad that your Mom has been more upbeat. It's got to help.

O'Man
06/08/2006, 07:42 PM
Best Wishes & Trust in the Higher Authority.
:)

Raki04
06/08/2006, 07:45 PM
Good vibes your way ...
and just for the record I have myself convinced that if I DO worry about somthing it won't happen. So mabey worry isn't such a bad thing.

catdoc
06/08/2006, 07:46 PM
Wishing you both the best, I'll be thinking of you.

VoidRaven
06/08/2006, 08:04 PM
Great news from Team Gary! All the best for continued success! You're still in our thoughts and prayers.

Josh125
06/08/2006, 08:08 PM
I understand where you are coming from, we have our date as well. It's still weeks away, but wow it's just overwhelming.

So I pray on it, and just let it go as much as I can. Still keeping you all in our prayers.

MandM
06/08/2006, 08:49 PM
Prayers and best wishes. It's really nice that your mom is there for you both. With that and the force of the lounge, you can make it.

kfisc
06/08/2006, 09:40 PM
Hoping and praying for the best for you all - as the hours and minutes tick by, you know we're here.

BrianD
06/09/2006, 02:00 AM
We are here for you, Nina.

Gawain1974
06/09/2006, 06:11 AM
Still sending good thoughts to you and Gary, Nina.

emilye2
06/09/2006, 06:20 AM
Oh Neener....you know we'll all be with you in that office right? I wish there were more we could do to help you guys. Heck, mostly I just wish the power of the loungerites could make this all dissapear for you! Barring that, you know you've got good wishes, thoughts, prayers, fingers crossed, eyes crossed, etc here for you. Hang in there and come vent here whenever you have too!