PDA

View Full Version : Doctors- Come on in!

Jordan55
06/07/2006, 06:30 PM
Hey. I was just curious about a health condition.

Last night I developed a really bad headache/migrane. I took 2 advil and it semi went away. This morning I woke up with it hurting worse than ever. I took 2 more advil. During school, still not really going away, I took 2 more advil. Now at about 7, I took 2 more advil due to it still hurting. (Don't worry I did't overdose... they were all 4-6 hours apart.)

All while this is happening I have a sore throat. It could be because of me screaming at the baseball game on Monday night, but whem I took some sore throat medicine, it wouldn't go away.

Now today I was also "gagging" up not snot. I wouldn't say gagging.... but when you feel it in your throat and you want it out you kinda do that loud gag sound and spit it up. Well tonight there was a mixture of bloody/snot with it.

I don't have much of a fever... just a little high.

Anyone know whats up? Just a cold/virus infection? I am not dieing am I?

Thanks for your time.

Wilafur
06/07/2006, 07:13 PM
umm, go see your doctor?

MandM
06/07/2006, 11:44 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7517882#post7517882 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jordan55

I don't have much of a fever... just a little high.

:D You sure that was Advil?

You caught the crud. If you need more information than that, you need to go to the Doc-in-the-box. (urgent care clinic)

2fishy
06/07/2006, 11:54 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7519805#post7519805 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MandM
:D You sure that was Advil?

You caught the crud. If you need more information than that, you need to go to the Doc-in-the-box. (urgent care clinic)

I was thinking the same thing when I first read that!:lol: :lol:

Minuteman
06/08/2006, 06:25 AM
Meningitis???

Jordan55
06/08/2006, 07:43 AM
Whats crud? Is that just code name for crappy viral infection?

Lbrty- Thats exactly what my friend told me. Once he found out my head hurts a lot and i have a stiff neck, he said the same thing?

As of this morning, my head does not hurt as worse as the previous 2 days, but it still has some pain. My throat hurts like a mofo still however.

crp
06/08/2006, 08:18 AM
Jordan, I think you need to see a doctor immediately. Having a headache for 2 or 3 days is NOT normal. With the stiff neck and fever I would also suspect menigitist(?).

GO TO THE DOCTOR!

witfull
06/08/2006, 08:38 AM
sounds like Mono~who you been kissin'~

joeychitwood
06/08/2006, 08:42 AM
Headache, sore throat and fever would make me think of strep throat at first glance. Mono is a possibility, but often the mono spot blood test won't turn positive until a person has been sick for a week or more. Other viral infections would cause more than 85% of these illnesses.

Meningitis or encephalitis would be farther down the differential diagnosis list. A brief office visit should answer the question of cause.

If you have strep, you will likely be given an antibiotic such as Penicillin VK or Keflex if Pen-allergic.

finding nemo
06/08/2006, 09:44 AM
Jordan, get your behind to the docs, whenever there is blood present you need to get right in.
Let us know how it goes and hope you feel better soon

Jordan55
06/08/2006, 11:46 AM
Hey everyone.

Thank you so much for all replies.

My headache is still decreasing but also still present. My sore throat as decreased also, but still present.

I suspect if they are both still present by tomorrow, then I will try and see the doctor tomorrow or this weekend.

finding nemo
06/08/2006, 02:59 PM
Jordan, have you told your parents about this?
If not please do.
Take care of yourself ok.

der_wille_zur_macht
06/08/2006, 03:02 PM
Sometimes I like to play Doctor.