PDA

View Full Version : Cruise ship gives passengers closer view of the island

Jeffrey Porter
06/07/2006, 02:21 PM
the Norweigian (may have spelled that wrong) Crown ran aground this morning in Bermuda. The pilot ( a local) must have gone too far over in the channel and hit a sand bar i think. I'll see more on the news tonight and in the paper tomorrow but there are pictures on the web already. Their going to try to pull it off tonight after6 pm during high tide. I spoke to a couple off the ship and they said everyone is to be back aboard by 5. thought they would wait later so that there would be less weight on the ship. go figure. just thought i'd share . every once and a while something happens on this small boring island. if Billy 1234 thinks he's bored living in NY try living here for 22 years.

oz
06/07/2006, 02:26 PM
Well, glad it was just a cruise ship and nothing like Exxon Valdez.

andycook
06/07/2006, 04:53 PM
Leave it there and operate it as a hotel.

Muttling
06/07/2006, 05:14 PM
My favorite was a few pics from a friend of mine in the Keys.

Last hurricane season, one of the early storms blew a barge into shallow water. They couldn't figure out how to get the freakin thing out of there.

A month or so later, Katrina came through and blew it out to sea.

Problem solved.

Lpabsolute
06/07/2006, 05:27 PM
Jeffrey Porter - Is that your name? If so we have something in common. My name is Jeffrey Lance Porter...... :)

Jeffrey Porter
06/07/2006, 06:21 PM
yea thats my name. middle name is charles and i found a Jeffrey Charles Porter in florida . just thought i'd see if another existed. well i think we have at least 2 things in common ( reef tanks maybe) . anyway the ship was re floated after 6 pm. no internal damage or leaks. passengers hardley even felt it happen. on the news you could clearly see the bulb on the bow out of the water. i'm sure the government will find some way to blame this on either the captain or someone else. i think it was their pilots fault. when a ship is entering bermudas waters, a pilot boat takes out a local 'pilot' to guide the ship in.so he's in control. we'll see how this turns out.

Jeffrey Porter
06/07/2006, 06:24 PM
actually andycook they are thinking of bringing in an old cruise ship to be a hotel/ affordable housing. when pigs fly. governments all talk and no do.

Lpabsolute
06/07/2006, 10:06 PM
I agree