PDA

View Full Version : Moving soon - Everything for Sale - Sharpsville, PA

MSU_Spartan
06/05/2006, 08:54 PM
I began selling off livestock back in September. Now it is crunch time. I will be moving to the Atlanta area this summer and I cannot take my aquarium with me. Thus... everything is for sale. I am not interested in trading for anything and I am firm on my price (because it is absolutely absurdly low)!

MY ENTIRE SET UP IS FOR SALE FOR $500.00!!!! I have to get this thing out of here. This is an amazing deal. The equipment alone is worth much more than $500.

I cannot ship this and I am not interested in selling individual items.

This tank has been set up for 6 years. Here is what I have:

EQUIPMENT:
125 Gallon All Glass Tank w/ Stand;
6 ft Hamilton Technologies Retrofit (3 x 175 MH, 4 x 55 PC, & 2 fans);
DIY Hood;
ASM G-2 Skimmer (Paid $245.00);
2 Custom acrylic sum tanks designed to fit into stand (Paid $200);
Closed loop w/ SCWD and Sedra 9000 pump (Paid $119);
CPR CS 102 Overflow box and Aqualifter pump (Paid $109);
Sedra 9000 pump for sump return (Paid $79);
350 Watt Pro-Heat Titanium Heater w/ LCD Display; and
Kent Marine Hi-S RO Unit.

LIVESTOCK:
250 lbs of Tampa Bay Saltwater Liverock;
Approx. 50 lbs of other liverock;
125 lbs of live sand;
1 Yellow Tang;
1 Clarkii Clown;
1 Green Chromis;
2 Blue Damsels;

CORAL:
1 large toadstool;
1 large green sinulara;
A few differrent types of polyps (no zoos);
Star Polyps;
A variety of mushrooms blanketing live rock; and
A small forest of pom pom xenia.

As you can see, there is much more than $500 worth of stuff for sale here. I am located in Sharpsville, Pennsylvania, 16150. Sharpsville is approx. 1.25 hours north of Pittsburgh and approx. 1.5 hours southeast of Cleveland.

stewie24
06/05/2006, 09:23 PM
ygpm - consider it sold if you still have it available.
Thanks
Stewie

cowcio
06/05/2006, 09:23 PM
YGPM

cowcio
06/05/2006, 09:38 PM
BTW... I said in my PM I can pick it up tomorrow!

We both cued in at 10:23 Stewie :) Be nice to a struggling college kid.

stewie24
06/05/2006, 09:43 PM
Same here dude.. i'm a struggling college kid.. only i'm a penn stater! GO LIONS! I can pick up t/m if need be as well :D

MSU_Spartan
06/06/2006, 09:42 PM
Hmm.... "Go Lions".... that is tough to read in a thread started by a Michigan State grad. :)

Current update... the first person to pm me has put a deposit on the purchase. Unless it falls though, it is sold.

Arrg
06/22/2006, 07:02 PM
boooh you live too far away

Cyberbug
06/23/2006, 04:10 AM
Hi, Did this sell? If not email me at only1wish@earthlink.net

Angela

ecotoxlady
06/23/2006, 11:54 AM
Wow! That was a heck of a deal.....!

seefuthun320
06/23/2006, 12:50 PM
whoa! for just $500? good deal, too bad im in CA

MentalDragon
06/26/2006, 06:16 PM
Is any of this still for sale? ... how far are you from Pittsburgh, PA?

MSU_Spartan
06/26/2006, 08:06 PM
I would like to thank everyone for their interest. However, everything has been sold, picked up, and paid for.

Infern0
06/28/2006, 08:18 AM
Who got it!?!? Wanna sell the lights to me???

dhost
06/28/2006, 08:46 AM
who ever got it if you want to ship shrooms and some LR i will buy!

stewie24
07/06/2006, 04:46 AM
cowcio evidently got it.. (which I don't understand why, as I was the first to reply here and pm).

You can buy the lights and rocks from him at highly jacked up prices on his thread here: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=879772

Its a shame that someone buys a setup like this dirt cheap, and then jacks the prices up to get all their money back and then some off it.

Swamp Donkey
07/06/2006, 06:54 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7689113#post7689113 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by stewie24
cowcio evidently got it.. (which I don't understand why, as I was the first to reply here and pm).

You can buy the lights and rocks from him at highly jacked up prices on his thread here: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=879772

Its a shame that someone buys a setup like this dirt cheap, and then jacks the prices up to get all their money back and then some off it.
LMAO!!!! That is so sad. Get a deal and then part it out. Stewie I wish you would have gotten it. This is just sad.

stewie24
07/06/2006, 07:43 AM
Yeah, I wish I would have gotten it too. Its going to cost me roughly that much just to set up the 90 I want to set up. (stand, powerheads, just bought an ER skimmer).
I could have used everything that MSU was selling.
I'd just like to know how he ended up with it when I was the first to reply on here, and i'm almost positive I was the first to PM as well.
Oh well.
Stewie

patedship
07/06/2006, 07:54 AM
I flamed him. I gotta back up spartan on this. because, "on the banks on the red cedar..."

MSU_Spartan
07/06/2006, 08:01 AM
Just to clear things up. Stewie was not the first to pm me, and the person who did eventually backed out. Stewie also pm'd cowcio, who forwarded the pm to me, that all he wanted was the skimmer and that he was going to sell the rest of it off. Cowcio indicated that he was going to keep it together, which was what I wanted. Now... of course, I see that he is parting it out also. That is a shame. I really loved the set-up and had to part with it because of an upcoming long distance move. I had the set up for 6 years... and now it is being sold off in pieces. Yeah... I am unhappy because I expected it to stay together. I even passed up a higher offer from someone else who was going to part it out.

patedship.... thanks for the back up... :)

stewie24
07/06/2006, 08:31 AM
MSU:
I"ll be honest here - I had intended on possibly parting it out, but then thought about keeping it setup and selling the empty 90 gallon tank. Had I have known you wanted it to stay together, I could have guarenteed you that I would not have parted it out and kept it together.
Its a shame that I kept in contact with you, wondering about updates and whatnot.
If the first to PM backed out, I should have been given next chance.
Obviously cowcio wanted it or else he wouldn't have fowarded my pms to you.
Oh well.

MSU_Spartan
07/06/2006, 08:40 AM
Hindsight is 20/20, and I am sorry that it worked out the way it did. My intent was to keep it together. I, obviously, wish now that I would have discussed that more with you also. He gave me the "poor college student" line, which caused a bit of sympathy considering the fact that I have recently been in that situation myself. I thought I was selling it to someone who would appreciate the great deal they were getting and would enjoy the system for a long time to come. I honestly thought your intent was to part it out, which I should have followed up on. You have my apologies, and I hope that there are no hard feelings. Hopefully, you understand where I was coming from, even if you don't agree with how I approached it. I obviously made a mistake here.....

stewie24
07/06/2006, 08:47 AM
No apologies needed man.
It was your setup, and I just didn't get the chance to buy it thats all.
It would have been nice. I could have sold the 55 gallon tank that i have set up and the empty 90, but hey you'll have that.
Yea, if I had known you didn't want it parted out, you would of had my word (an HONEST one at that) that I wouldn't have parted it out.
I really don't think cowcio would want to resell the setup so it could be setup again.
Good luck with your ventures in life. Hopefully the mods of RC will take care of cowcio.
Stewie

Infern0
07/06/2006, 09:40 AM
Wow....that guy is truely something else.

cowcio
07/06/2006, 09:52 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7689602#post7689602 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MSU_Spartan
Hindsight is 20/20, and I am sorry that it worked out the way it did. My intent was to keep it together. I, obviously, wish now that I would have discussed that more with you also. He gave me the "poor college student" line, which caused a bit of sympathy considering the fact that I have recently been in that situation myself. I thought I was selling it to someone who would appreciate the great deal they were getting and would enjoy the system for a long time to come. I honestly thought your intent was to part it out, which I should have followed up on. You have my apologies, and I hope that there are no hard feelings. Hopefully, you understand where I was coming from, even if you don't agree with how I approached it. I obviously made a mistake here.....

The 125 gallon system is setup at my Dad's house. If you read, there is a reason for everything. I was going to setup the 125 in my apartment. But after factoring some weight equations, I decided that I didn't want to set it up in a 3rd story apartment.

I wasn't going to back out of a good deal. Especiallly since I'm using 75% of what I got, including the tank, lights, half of the rock, corals, etc.

SteveOhh
07/06/2006, 09:59 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7689931#post7689931 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cowcio
The 125 gallon system is setup at my Dad's house. If you read, there is a reason for everything. I was going to setup the 125 in my apartment. But after factoring some weight equations, I decided that I didn't want to set it up in a 3rd story apartment.

I wasn't going to back out of a good deal. Especiallly since I'm using 75% of what I got, including the tank, lights, half of the rock, corals, etc.

So why not sell the items at a cost NEAR what you paid for them, not raise the prices so all the stuff you bought & kept was for free.

Struggling college student huh? Sounds more like a hustler to me............but remember, even the best hustlers one day get hustled themselves.

Here's hopin your future ventures are as successful as this one..... :rolleyes:

cowcio
07/06/2006, 10:14 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7689969#post7689969 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SteveOhh
So why not sell the items at a cost NEAR what you paid for them, not raise the prices so all the stuff you bought & kept was for free.

Struggling college student huh? Sounds more like a hustler to me............but remember, even the best hustlers one day get hustled themselves.

Here's hopin your future ventures are as successful as this one..... :rolleyes:

Yes, I am lowering the prices when I talk to people. I am only selling what I am not using. I see nothing wrong with that. I had full intentions of using the entire system and I brought my Dad, brother and 2 of my brothers friends to help me move it.

My Dad said when we got on the road "There's no way that this will be held up in your apartment" Then he told me that he wasn't going to bring that up while we were there, becuase he had already drove 2:30 hours to get there and he wasn't going to come home with nothing.

So, 3 cars gas mileage later (2 on a 2:30 hour journey, me on a 1:45 minute trip) and 500 dollars later, plus what I paid my brother and his friends (50 dollars each), I had a tank that I couldn't put in my apartment! Imagine how upset I was.

This sale has been made, if you would like to contact me personally to bash me or make me feel like an idiot, that's fine... but I see no reason to. My intentions were not bad. I would have loved to have kept the complete set up all for myself, it was a great deal, and a beautiful tank. I just have to settle for what I can actually keep.

And SteveOhh... I've been hustled many a time. Like a 250 dollar zoanthid order from a fellow reefer that came mostly all DOA and the reefer gave me a load of heck for it. That reefer has since been called out (by others, not me) and moved on. If you think I'm bad... PM me for his name. That's just one instance, please PM me for more stories if you want. :)

Swamp Donkey
07/06/2006, 10:27 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7690049#post7690049 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cowcio
Yes, I am lowering the prices when I talk to people. I am only selling what I am not using. I see nothing wrong with that. I had full intentions of using the entire system and I brought my Dad, brother and 2 of my brothers friends to help me use it.

My Dad said when we got on the road "There's no way that this will be help up in your apartment" Then he told me that he wasn't going to bring that up while we were there, becuase he had already drove 2:30 hours to get there and he wasn't going to come home with nothing.

So, 3 cars gas mileage later (2 on a 2:30 hour journey, me on a 1:45 minute trip) and 500 dollars later, plus what I paid my brothers and their friends (50 dollars each), I had a tank that I couldn't put in my apartment! Imagine how upset I was.

This sale has been made, if you would like to contact me personally to bash me or make me feel like an idiot, that's fine... but I see no reason to. My intentions were not bad. I would have loved to have kept the complete set up all for myself, it was a great deal, and a beautiful tank. I just have to settle for what I can actually keep.

And SteveOhh... I've been hustled many a time. Like a 250 dollar zoanthid order from a fellow reefer that came mostly all DOA and the reefer gave me a load of heck for it. That's just one instance, please PM me for more stories :)
You sound like every "poor college" student I know :rolleyes: You have the money for gas for 3 cars, 500 for the setup and extra cash to pay people to help you. :lol: Mommy and Daddy are giving you way to a allowance. :lol:

cowcio
07/06/2006, 11:17 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7690113#post7690113 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Swamp Donkey
You sound like every "poor college" student I know :rolleyes: You have the money for gas for 3 cars, 500 for the setup and extra cash to pay people to help you. :lol: Mommy and Daddy are giving you way to a allowance. :lol:

LOL... actually I play piano at various downtown locations. I studied piano for 12 years and I'm now able to make just enough to live and enjoy my hobbies. I would have loved to have kept this tank a my apartment, but believe me, my Dad is enjoying it and he didn't give me a dime.

He didn't give me a dime for his 200 gallon set up either. AND I'm only home once a month and holidays. So, I want to hear nothing more about me not hooking people up or not being generous. I've hooked my Dad up with thousands of dollars and fish equipment and I rarely get to enjoy them!

So, I have been caught in my first lie. I'm not a poor college student. I'm a college student that has enough money to support a hobby and live.