PDA

View Full Version : Need lighting for a prop tub

sjwalker
06/05/2006, 06:33 PM
I am setting up a 50gal rubbermade stock tank and am wondering of anyone has any MH ballasts they would want to sell. Either Mogal 175w or 250w

Or...

epon was kind enough to give me an old 250w HQI setup.. but he gave me detailed instrustions on making SURE the lamp is seated all the way in... well... the bulb is seating all the way in.. problem is.. my finger went THROUGH the lamp.( typing w/ 9 fingers right now) .. so if any one has a 250w lamp I could use to at least test the ballast.. that would be awesome. I guess Henry is wearing off on me. :eek1:

Thanks guys!

-walker

tcottle
06/05/2006, 08:59 PM
So where in your apartment are you going to find the room for a 50G stock tank? :D

sjwalker
06/05/2006, 09:12 PM
ha ha .. I have already re-arranged my apt so I can see my reef from my computer. I can make room... kinda

If push comes to shove... I can get a bunk bed and the stock tank can be on bottom... GOOD BYE future girlfiends! lol!!!

seldon
06/05/2006, 09:20 PM
Ive got a 250 mogal and a 150 hqi, but alas, no 250 hqi... I did the same thing with a florescent tube; it didnt feel to good. Good luck finding what you need.

Seldon

oncampus1
06/05/2006, 10:34 PM
I've got an old 250W mogul magnetic ballast/reflector you can have. It's not fancy, but it will do the trick if you've got a way to hang it. I might even have a couple slightly used bulbs you can have as well. If anything, feel free to use it until something better comes along.

I'm out of town for a few days, but will be back at the end of the week. PM me if interested...

Ryan