PDA

View Full Version : Live rock turning green???

paulbeau
06/04/2006, 08:39 AM
Hi all!

Tank has been up and running 6 weeks no probs all parameters ok. The last week or so i seem to be getting more and more green colour on live rock. This seems to be just colouration to the rock, there is no fur or hairlike appearance yet?
Should i be concerned or is it maturing? It seems to cover an area where there is no coraline algea.
Any help
Thanks

whiteshark
06/04/2006, 09:16 AM
That same thing happened to my base rock that was in more direct light. Coraline will eventually take it over, it just might take a while. If it isn't fuzzy or hairy, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

NCreefwannabe
06/04/2006, 05:16 PM
Mine started like this. people always said it would show on plastics or glass first. But some of my rock is neon green, and turning pink purple and red now. Its likely the first stage in coralline coverage.

Danfish
06/04/2006, 05:19 PM
Isn't there a few colors of coraline?

I've got the same thing happening on mine, except I also have some light pink splotches and some deep purple splotches.

Also I have some scarlet red "bud" looking things. It looks like there were alot more of them on the rock but most of them died off in transist and turned black. But a few very small ones have shown up, they are very pretty, blood scarlet red color, look like little bumps on the rock.

Might try to get a good pic later.

R33f3r
06/04/2006, 06:00 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7497203#post7497203 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NCreefwannabe
Its likely the first stage in coralline coverage.

Yep

dj synystr
06/04/2006, 06:02 PM
ahh the wonders of nature.