PDA

View Full Version : Has a fresh water dip saved your fish from the brink of death?

fantastic4
06/02/2006, 11:15 PM
Has a fish that looks like it has hours or minutes left due to some affliction or anouther been saved from a 5 minute fresh water dip?

Share your experiences, would love to hear them.

rppvt
06/02/2006, 11:21 PM
I put a sick fish in my swimming pool once. Ick be gone!
took a while to get him off the bottom drain, tho..
seriously!

chrisbenavides
06/03/2006, 01:44 AM
what do you mean swimming pool?

I don't if it has saved my fish, BUT I can tell you one thing from today's stressful event. The fish seems more comfortable after the 5 min. FW dip. I was probably more stressed out than the fish. My fish (blue tang) layed on his side when placed back in the water for a good 10 minutes. After that he was swimming and started eating right away. So thats a good sign IMO. Now I am waiting and seeing what the outcome of using Copper is.

BTTRFLYGRL
06/03/2006, 06:28 AM
I would never put a fish in really bad shape in a freshwater dip.

Gary Majchrzak
06/03/2006, 06:45 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7488685#post7488685 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fantastic4
Has a fish that looks like it has hours or minutes left due to some affliction or anouther been saved from a 5 minute fresh water dip?

Share your experiences, would love to hear them.
You should perform the FW dip and QT when you purchase the fish- not minutes before it dies.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7488723#post7488723 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rppvt
I put a sick fish in my swimming pool once. Ick be gone!
took a while to get him off the bottom drain, tho..
seriously!
What kind of fish? Where is the fish now?

IPowderBlueTang
06/03/2006, 12:27 PM
I have fresh water dip about 10 fish and so far 2 have died, so I only dip if that is a last resort and know if it actuallly helps!