PDA

View Full Version : One Year Ago Today.....

JENnKerry
06/02/2006, 06:54 PM
Was my dreaded accident at work. Oh what a nightmare that was. For those of you that don't know, I sliced my achilles tendon completely in half at work. I was out for six weeks and it was a long road to recovery but I did it. To this day, it's still sore and sometimes very stiff and alot of times I still walk with a limp but I guess after a devastating accident like that I guess it's somewhat expected. I'm very lucky and very thankful that I can at least walk.

Kerry

dc
06/02/2006, 08:26 PM
Gosh has it been a year already? Thankfully you survived that one.

skippy2
06/02/2006, 08:40 PM
I can't believe it's been almost a yr. already!!!!

JmLee
06/03/2006, 05:19 AM
omg dude!, evertime i see some one get there achilles sliced in movies i cringe!. that must have been intense.

oz
06/03/2006, 09:50 AM
Glad you're better now but how in the world did you sliced your achilles tendon ? Hope you got workman's comp for that since it happened at work.

The mighty Achilles of Greek died and you lived. cheers.

crzy4reefs
06/03/2006, 09:59 AM
jmlee,

i can watch most gross stuff in movies but everytime that happens i cringe too, i just can't look at it never mind it accually happening to me

and wow can't believe it's been a yr already i sooo remember that post

JENnKerry
06/03/2006, 10:17 AM
OZ, I sliced it on a piece of sheet metal at work. Yes I did get workman's comp for it and luckily when it happened I didn't feel a thing. It was like someone let the "air" out of my ankle. It literally looked like a deflating ballon. But it went numb almost instantly when it happened :)

Jeremy Blaze
06/03/2006, 10:56 AM
I remember that! Still makes me cringe! Didn't you tape it up with duct tape, and drove yourself to the hospital?

JENnKerry
06/03/2006, 04:35 PM
I hopped into our office and wrapped it up tight in a gauze (sp) bandage. The funny thing is there was hardly any blood. It was a very clean slice.

TheBimbo
06/03/2006, 11:57 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7487800#post7487800 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dc
Gosh has it been a year already? Thankfully you survived that one.

My exact thoughts... Glad all went okay... Been quite a year for you though ;) ... Things are going to only get better and better from here out ;) ...

Christy...

JENnKerry
06/04/2006, 12:23 PM
I dunno. I think it might get worse with age. There are times when I can walk ok but there are also other times where it hurts. I still can't even jog if I wanted to.