PDA

View Full Version : Selling it all in Little Rock, AR

mcanavan69
06/02/2006, 10:07 AM
I am moving to a new house and dont want to move this stuff again, so its all for sale. I have pics of the corals on my site, with more detailed shots as requested. I would love local pick-up, but will ship if needed.
Thanks
Mark
http://home.comcast.net/~markwhitehead/reeftank.html

50lbs Dry Base rock $75
Several frags of xenia, purple mushroom, green stripe mushroom,
Colt, lettuce corals, and zoo’s
SPS colony of Purple tip 6” diameter $100
SPS colony of White w/ purple tips 4” diameter $50
SPS colony of Super Green Acropora 5” diameter $60
SPS colony of Mint Green Acropora 5” diameter $60
SPS colony of ORA Blue Tort 4” diameter $75

titan04
06/02/2006, 10:22 AM
Holy Xenia Batman....

mcanavan69
06/12/2006, 10:05 AM
Update...
Tort sold. Make me a deal on the rest, I am moving in about 2 weeks and really need to find a nice home for these sps, clams, rics, xenia, and purple mushrooms.

Check my gallery for updated pics of corals and clams for sale.
Mark

ClarkiiClown
06/12/2006, 10:08 AM
How much for the xenia shrooms and zoos?

nanoreef16g
06/12/2006, 09:01 PM
PM sent

rgaskins
06/12/2006, 10:12 PM
Pm sent

namas
06/13/2006, 10:26 AM
Do you have any pictures of the zoo's?
And how much you looking to get for them?
Also shipping cost to 19465

mcanavan69
06/13/2006, 10:48 AM
Sorry the zoo's are all sold. I do have an awesome rock that is about 8" tall by 6" wide that has 4 sps frags, i purple tip, and 3 light green mounted on it, with xenia, and pruple star polyps growing on it. It would be great if the sps were removed and mounted in another location. As you can see by the pics the xenia took over my sps dominate tank.

cbell
06/15/2006, 11:18 AM
watch out for this guy. sent me a phos ban reactor that was broken. said he would refund the money. now he is refusing to send the refund with no explaination. i asked why he said "yeah well"

i will be filing a paypal claim today.

rodburner
06/15/2006, 08:43 PM
Cbell29,Did this man take your money and give you junk? If so you need to let everyone know so people like that wont be tolerated.This is a wonderful hobby and excellent site and I hope theres no chance others will get done wrong,speak up my friend!!Hope you get your money back too!!

cbell
06/16/2006, 06:02 AM
i bought 2 phosban reactors from him. when they arrived they were nicely packed and the box they were in was like new. when i opened the box both reactors were broken. i took pics and sent them to him. he said he didn't buy the insurance (even though he charged $9 shipping and the postage was only $5.85) i told him he should refund the money for one reactor. i was able to mix and match parts to get one good one. he said that sounded fair and he would send the money by paypal. However he has since changed his mind and the only answer i got from him is "yeah, well"

rdonchann
06/16/2006, 08:22 AM
Now you're making me nervous. I bought some ricordia and paid overnight shipping for them. They didn't show up yesterday. I asked for tracking info and have not got that either. I am hoping it is just the post office dropping the ball.

cbell
06/16/2006, 09:17 AM
i hope you get your stuff.
i can't imagine screwing someone over for $20 though. i guess i should count my blessings. i have spent a lot of money on RC and i have never been burned before. i did get a pump a few months ago that had some damage but the seller was willing to make it right. The damage didn't affect the use of the pump so i just keep it.

rdonchann
06/16/2006, 09:27 PM
well it was 60 bucks with overnight shipping. I still haven't got a reply. I didn't pay that kind of shipping to get it a week later. I am filing a claim. Nothing torques me off more than take my $ and not deliver or communicate

rdonchann
06/17/2006, 10:43 AM
Ok I got a box today. It was mailed on the 14th. It was sent second day even though I paid for overnight shipping. and the post office is a day late on top of that. It had one tiny concrete plug in it with a piece of Ric? on it about the size of a eraser on a pencil. Look in the gallery to see the rics that I paid for. This guy is definitely a crook!

mcanavan69
06/18/2006, 02:55 PM
Wow, I go out of town for a couple of days and all the little boys get online and start throwing stones.

Don, I paid for express delivery with usps just like you said in the email. That is supposed to get there overnight. When I quoted you a price it said express overnight to your zip. If they were late take it up with them. I did as we discussed. If you wated it overnight you should have went with Fedex like I insisted. Take a pic of the rock and rics and email it to me. I know its not what you said. There were at least 6 1" size rics on that rock. Ask any of the other guys that have been to my house and have seen exactly what they looked like.

Chris, your reactors were in great shape when I mailed them. You did not inform me you wanted insurance or I would have taken it out on the package. I have done the whole shipping thing enough to know the rules. You want something extra you tell me before. I gave you 2 phosban reactors for 20 buck a piece. They arrived broken, by fault of the shipping agent, and supposed to give you your money back and be out 2 reactors?

Hey rodburner mind your own business you stinkin noob. Nothing gets me more fired up than a johnny come lattely stinkin his nose in someone elses biz.

rdonchann
06/18/2006, 04:48 PM
mcanavan69 wrote on 06/12/2006 07:33 PM:
There are about 5 very large rics on the frag I have. I'll take 60.00 shipped. Thats 30 for the frag and 30 for shipping That is usps express overnight to you.
Thanks
Mark

The above is copied and pasted from your message you sent to me.Nobody mentioned or insisted on Fedex. You did not pay for express overnight. You paid for second day according to the shipping label so NO it was not sent overnight as you stated above. I will get a pic of the plug and post it in my gallery later on tonight when I get home.

cbell
06/18/2006, 07:12 PM
then why did you say you would refund the money for one of them?

you are a crook and everyone here is seeing that.

what goes around comes around.

rdonchann
06/18/2006, 10:06 PM
I did not get a pic tonight because I did not get home before the lights went off. I will get one tomorrow evening. If you look at the label on the box, the person who filled it out said it was mailed on the 14th with scheduled delivery of the 16th. That is not overnight like I was told the shipping would be. Don't tell me to take it up with the post office when you only paid for 2 day shipping. It was scheduled for the 16th and got here the morning of the 17th. Yes the post office kept it until the next morning, but it was NEVER paid to the post office to be overnight. If you be honest and read your copy of the label you will see that.

As far as what was shipped, I don't know what you had at your house but I sure know what came out of the box. Why would I lie and hassle with all of this? All I wanted was what I paid for.

smcdonn
06/19/2006, 10:54 AM
Wow. I don't know what you guys have done but I have purchased quite a bit of stuff from this guy and he has been very helpful and good to work with. Just from this thread you guys have made him out to be a crook. I am here to help establish his credibility to people that might possible purchase something from him. He's a good person. To the people buying livestock: Shipping live goods is a gamble, no matter how you look at it. That is why stuff at the LFS is expensive, because they are the ones taking the gamble. Anyways, I just posted this to help re-establish his credibility. And BTW, rodburner, unless you have purchased something from this guy, you have no buisness posting negative things about him. If cbell29 did indeed get ripped off, it is their responsibility to post about it not yours. Keep your mouth shut unless your posting about products you have recieved from mcanavan. Cheers

dvanacker
06/19/2006, 03:05 PM
The truth will set you free......

also freedom of speech smcdonn.

rdonchann
06/19/2006, 05:38 PM
Here is what came out of the box, you judge for yourself.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j187/rdonchann/DSC00073.jpg

smcdonn
06/19/2006, 07:06 PM
I hope you guys get everything worked out as this guy has done nothing but good for me. I understand freedom of speech and I love the right. All I am saying is that you don't need to comment negative stuff just from reading someone elses post. I am not going to start an argument, just going to state a point. Cheers

Sean

rdonchann
06/20/2006, 08:12 AM
According to him, that is a coral eating starfish right next to that tiny polyp. According to me it is glue where something was glued to the plug. He refuses to take responsibility for anything and it is anybody's fault but his. Even though the shipping label is marked for 2 day delivery and he charged me for overnight, that is not his fault either because he never noticed it on the label. I guess that glue just ate the other 4 VERY LARGE rics that he sent and that little chip is the last bite of the fifth.
BEWARE!

mcanavan69
06/20/2006, 11:30 AM
That does look like the coral eating starfish, I am not saying it ate the rics, they primarily eat sps. I do want to know where the other rics are, they didnt just vanish off of the plug without a trace. They would have at least slimed up the rock somewhere. For all I know you removed them from the rock and placed them somewhere else. You paid to overnight shippning and that is what I payed for. USPS Express mail said they would get it to you overnight by 3pm the next day. If they didnt maybe you need to ask them where your other 4 rics are?

rdonchann
06/20/2006, 11:44 AM
No you didn't pay for overnight look at the shipping label!Produce a shipping label that shows that box scheduled for overnight delivery! You can't. Quit blaming everyone else and take some responsibility for your actions! I see you intend to do nothing about the situation but make excuses. Far as where the other rics are, I would like to know too. That's how I make my living is by buying 5 at a time and selling them and then trying to get my money back. Give it a rest!

BrianD
06/20/2006, 04:00 PM
I would suggest everyone interested get the seller's email address, because after ignoring my warning his account will shortly be suspended.

mcanavan69
06/20/2006, 04:16 PM
I just saw your warning on another post. I am not here to rip anyone off. I have had so many good trades and sales on here. Out of the many 2 have not been good. Ask the other guys I shipped corals to how they are doing. I shipped an ORA tort to San Jose, CA and it got there without a hitch. When I checked the usps website for next day delivery, it said as long as I had the package to the po by 5pm on Wednesday it would make it Guthrie, OK the next day by 3pm. I paid for express mail and there was no mention to me that it was not goint to be there the next day. The po worker wrote it on the tag. I shipped 3 other packages that day and they all made it the next day, but his. Not only was it one day late, but 2. Once I ship it, I have no control over the po.

BrianD
06/20/2006, 04:26 PM
I have no interest in the results of your transactions. I do, however, have an interest in personal attacks and violations of the User Agreement.

mcanavan69
06/21/2006, 11:41 AM
Am I not being personally attacked?
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=867794
Should I just sit by and thank everyone for calling me a crook when I did nothing wrong?

raskal311
06/21/2006, 11:49 AM
I've been using express mail to ship coral in the last few weeks and have found and been told by USPS that Express Next day doesn’t necessary mean next day. It will depend on the area and how populated it is. Basically if you were in the boonies it would take 2 days to deliver. I bought a skimmer from another reefer a few months ago and good old USPS took 6 weeks to deliver it. Thank god the seller got a tracking number or I’d be out a skimmer. Even with the tracking number USPS had a dang hard time finding the package. I’m not siding with the seller or buy in anyway, just thought I’d share my experience USPS.

Conceyted
06/21/2006, 01:04 PM
i cant believe you rc staffers are letting him get away with this. This is ridiculous lets keep this thread bumped to keep people informed!

NiTr0x911
06/21/2006, 01:26 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7601558#post7601558 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Conceyted
i cant believe you rc staffers are letting him get away with this. This is ridiculous lets keep this thread bumped to keep people informed! I was thinking the exact SAME THING.

mrwags
06/21/2006, 02:16 PM
Well I will say this. I bought the chiller it came as promised when promised and will buy from this guy again. I know I'm new but have been an Ebayer since the start and know a thing or two about bs sellers and I can say this guy IS NOT ONE OF THEM.

Enough Said.

Mr.Wags

NiTr0x911
06/21/2006, 04:25 PM
My comment isnt about the fact he's a honest seller or not .It's about some of his replies to people calling people idiots,telling them to pull their head out of certain places. I wouldnt think of doing business with someone with an attitude like that . Anyway Im sure the mods will take a look.

smcdonn
06/21/2006, 06:11 PM
Alright guys. I have purchased over $500 worth of goods from this guy. Everything was as described. He was very helpful. I am trying to help him out as everyone seems to be bashing him. Once again, people that havent done any transactions with this guy, please keep your opinions to yourself (ahem: NiTr0x911, Conceyted). I realize you can read other posts and get a feeling for this guys attitude but you don't need to be posting negative comments about him. Everybody CAN READ all of his posts and can judge for themselves whether they wish to purchase from him. They don't need any assistance from others opinions, especially people that havent purchased from him and just want to jump on the band wagon and post negative stuff. Overall he is a quality seller and I will leave it at that. Please, if you havent purchased from this guy, please don't post. If you have purchased something from him, BY ALL MEANS, let us know how everything went. Cheers

Sean

DeepReefs
06/21/2006, 06:36 PM
:rolleyes:

smcdonn
06/21/2006, 09:20 PM
so what did you buy from this guy DeepReefs?

smcdonn
06/21/2006, 09:27 PM
Actually now that I think about it, will a moderator please close this thread. People have no right posting stuff in the for sale thread unless they are wanting to purchase something or have a comment about what they have purchased. Deepreefs obviously has never purchased anything he just wants to post his feelings. CLOSE THE THREAD. People are just posting crap like ":rolleyes: ". Shut this down, it's going nowhere.

thor-thon
06/21/2006, 10:18 PM
smcdonn, i've had nothing to do with him either, but you have NO right telling anyone what to say...PERIOD. This is a community and we look out for each other and if someone is getting screwed then we all care. Just because i've had 0 transactions with him doesn't mean I can't judge his credibility openly. I'm sorry but anyone who says that that glue spot is a zoa eating starfish has NO CREDIBILITY.

smcdonn
06/21/2006, 10:51 PM
UMMMMMMMMMMM........Did I tell somebody to say something? NO I did not. I am telling people that posting there feelings (especially negative ones) about a user they know nothing about other than what others have posted should not be tolerated? Have you had a chance to deal with this person? Did you recieve the rock with the so called glue spot? NO you did not. So WHY do you think you can judge his credibility? Because you can post what somebody else has? Get with the program. Post useful information not others experiences. Cheers guys

ZURCSREEF
06/21/2006, 11:01 PM
smcdonn, you a friend of his?

Even if someone hasn't had a physical transaction with this guy, just by his postings and having to read his ignorance is enough for someone to judge him and his credibility. Maybe if he was a little more mature with his answers to someones questions or statements or tried to work with his customers that HAVE had a bad experience with him he would get a little more respect.

You can't expect people to be pleasant about the transaction they have had with him if his answers/comments are the way they are. The 'guy' needs to grow up and learn to face his responsibilities.

-Mike C.

starrd27
06/22/2006, 07:47 AM
I just want to put in a GOOD word for mcanavan69. I received drygoods from him (SQWD & pumps) - they were in excellent, clean shape and the packaging was perfect. Also, he responded to all of my emails very promptly. I would definitely buy from him again.

My .02

cbell
06/22/2006, 08:17 AM
the test of someones charactor is not when everything is going good. It is how the person handles themselves when there is a problem.
For the record:
i don't think mcanavan69 set out to send me junk. The problem i have with him is the fact that we discussed it and he said he would refund the money for one of the two reactors. when the money never showed up i asked him if he had sent it. he responded with an attitude. he never has given me an explaination as to why he went from yes i will send the money to "yeah, well....." it was only $20. I think the way he has handled himself says alot about the type of person that he is. That is why i posted about the situation. he has been a member for a long time. i am sure he has had some good transactions over the years. However you are responsible for all of your actions and comments, not just the good ones.

rdonchann
06/22/2006, 09:00 AM
Exactly cbell! Anybody can make a mistake or have a bad turn of events. That is just life. How it is handled when something happens is what brings out a person's true character or intentions. A lot of people work that way. When everyone is watching and there are those involved that know you it is easy to do the right thing.

When you see a person's true character, he is 500 miles away from home and there is not a soul around that knows him.

In my experiences, MONEY always tends to show the smallest crack in a person's foundation.

smcdonn
06/22/2006, 09:22 AM
ZURCSREEF, I agree with you as I slipped up in my last posting. I didn't mean to say,"So WHY do you think you can judge his credibility". That should have said, "Why do you feel it is OK to post negative stuff about a user when you haven't even had a single transaction with this person". I totally agree that everyone CAN judge this person about what he has posted. All I'm asking is that everyone keep it to themselves unless you can post about a transaction you had. Posting things such as "I can't believe you moderators are letting him get away with this". What are the moderators supposed to do? Drive to his house? All I'm saying is that these kinds of posts are irrelevant to the thread and should not be tolerated. We need to stick to the facts on the thread and keep out opinions in our head. Cheers. BTW, No, I am not this guys friend, just a satisfied customer

reefbro
07/04/2006, 08:30 PM
Thanks mark for hooking me up with an awsome deal. The corals are doing great. Also the metal halide works great thanks for the extra bulbs.