PDA

View Full Version : Sabres vs. 'Canes game 7

Gary Majchrzak
06/01/2006, 08:22 PM
GO BUFFALO!

Hound
06/01/2006, 08:27 PM
maybe......or do we have more buffalo bills karma floating around lol..............at this point it is a long shot...maybe someday buffalo will amount to something but most of what buffalo stands for gets flushed down the toilet with lazyness and lack of follow through....generally speaking that is....sorrrrry just my opinion

dreaminmel
06/01/2006, 08:38 PM
So they've been doing good this year? I stopped watching and paying attention when Hasek left... what can I say, I was pretty bummed. And yes, I am fickle. I stopped watching the Dolphins when the Marino/Shula era came to an end. :D

And in my defense - Any Buffalo game I actually went to they lost except for one time they were losing at the end and then BAM, BAM I got to watch them win on the TV outside the arena... stupid Murphy's law.

Don't worry guys... I'll keep my jinxing self away from their games. ;)

Guy
06/01/2006, 09:16 PM
:( dang

vitaldefect001
06/01/2006, 09:18 PM
kinda ****ty if colorado would have made that one shot from the other side into the open net...

but at least they faught well and braught it to game 7, it could have been worse...

but look how far they've come... bankrupt... to almost in the finals

fat-tony
06/01/2006, 09:21 PM
yeah, not bad down 4 defensemen including the best shot-blocker in the NHL

lol, where do you live in castile.....i grew up in Pike.

Gary Majchrzak
06/02/2006, 04:25 AM
Buffalo is a young team. Too many injuries this time around to take it all the way, but still... what a great game!

And don't forget to give Carolina their due- those guys aren't exactly a Cinderella team.

vitaldefect001
06/02/2006, 10:33 AM
on 39 inbetween perry and castile

dderue
06/02/2006, 01:58 PM
With that many Amerks playing for them, it shows the heart and depth of the orginization. I think we have some good years to look foreward to. A good young goaltender and lots of prospects who have shown they can step up when needed. Now if they only played that well in Rochester, we would have two great hockey teams to watch.

fat-tony
06/02/2006, 03:16 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7483755#post7483755 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by vitaldefect001
on 39 inbetween perry and castile

you're not originally from the area are you?

SkiFletch
06/02/2006, 03:36 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7485594#post7485594 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dderue
With that many Amerks playing for them, it shows the heart and depth of the orginization. I think we have some good years to look foreward to. A good young goaltender and lots of prospects who have shown they can step up when needed. Now if they only played that well in Rochester, we would have two great hockey teams to watch.

Amen to that, when Doug Janik scores his first NHL goal to tie a game 7 conference final you know the team is playing from the bench. This was supposed to be the team that could do it. Great scorers, great scaters, good defense, great goaltending, good physical play, fantastic team mentality, great locker room support, overcomes injuries to its best players all year, slayed the dragon of the "best team" in the conference... I'll never forget watching on december 26th as we faced off against the Ducks. We were playing hard but got outscored 3 to 1 off of lucky bounces. In years past the arena would have been filled with doom and gloom, and all the mentality that these guys cant do it. But this year all that was in the air was excitement with the knowledge that the Sabres were going to win. Everyone there knew we'd come back from the two goal deficit going into the third period. We ended up winning 6 to three and sending the Ducks running for the bus. That was the kind of team we had all year, and man I thought this was going to be it.

Everybody remember this though. All this means is that we have not yet suffered enough. Some day, this team will bring that cup home to Buffalo. And our fans who have suffered for decades as the team that nobody cared about will deserve it more than those of any other city in the history of sports. That day will come, and I'll be there to enjoy it.

Great season, can't wait for the excitement of next year.

Gary Majchrzak
06/02/2006, 03:58 PM
The last time I went to a Sabres game was when Ruff was a player. I never would have imagined Lindy would make such a great coach- and he is a great coach.
The best is yet to come.

sailfinreef
06/02/2006, 07:20 PM
yeah, there were to many injuries, they did give carolina a run for thier money. They are a young team and I think the best of this team is yet to come. Its difficult to win games at this level with injuries yet alone 4 injuries to the top 4 defensmen on the team. I know Ill be supporting them in the fall.

A couple months Bills start training camp...hehehe.

vitaldefect001
06/03/2006, 12:55 AM
i've always live in castile

fat-tony
06/03/2006, 10:48 AM
you graduate from letchworth? year?

vitaldefect001
06/03/2006, 12:42 PM

fat-tony
06/03/2006, 03:14 PM
ah....a youngin. I graduated in 97

vitaldefect001