PDA

View Full Version : Where's my new fish?

alexk3954
05/29/2006, 11:16 PM
I got my first fish yesterday (yasha goby with pistol shrimp). I saw it hide yesterday and later that day and I turned off my powerheads so I could give it a tiny snack before lights out. The fish came out but did not eat( pellets, or frozen brineshrimp). After a few minutes I turned my powerheads back on and it blew the poor guy off the rock he was on. I don't think it did any harm because he went back to the rock and got blown off again. This time he swam off into the rock structure and I did not see him for the rest of the day. This morning I saw him out in front so I went to get some frozen mysis from the freezer upstairs. I came back and he was nowhere to be found. I turned off the PH's hoping the low current would lure him out. He did not come out for 1/2 hour so I turned the powerheads on and left the tank alone. It is now night time and I still have not caught a glimpse of him. I am probably too paranoid, but do you think my new fish is alive and well, just hiding? How long can he go w/o eating? The guy fed him before I bought the fish so I know he is healthy. Any ideas how to entice him to come out and eat, or any guesses as to how long this guy will stay in hiding?

reefnetworth
05/29/2006, 11:55 PM
to much flow. gobies are mostly bottom dwellers. he can go a couple of days without food. but why starve him if all you need to do is adjust your PH's? REEF-ON!!!

alexk3954
05/30/2006, 12:00 AM
so should I only run one of my powerheads until I get a controller which can alternate the flow? I am running 2 MJ 1200's w/ hydor flos in a 37 gal. The flow is mainly by the rocks, and slower flow by the bottom.

Any other thoughts on the subject?