PDA

View Full Version : skilter??

[17]shawn[17]
05/26/2006, 08:46 PM
So...im about to setup a 20 gal with clown’s im still debating an anemone I think lighting may be an issue. but of course the big filtration problem…what to go with, money is an issue so im not going fancy after all in a couple months knowing me ill want to u grade to maybe a 40gal, so I can get a skilter cheep but I got no clue what they are or if I would be able to get a way with using it and a small aqua clear or completely leaving out the aqua clear ne ways if you got any tips of what I should use for filtration let me know :confused:

masterswimmer
05/26/2006, 08:51 PM
Skilter is worthless, just like the Red Sea Berlin and Seaclone.

Inexpensive decent skimmers for a 20g include:
-Coralife Super Skimmer 65
-Remora Pro

It's a very short list.

crpeck
05/26/2006, 10:35 PM
I used a Skilter for a while on my quarantine/fuge/baby fish tank. Thre is a modification you can do that makes them a little more effective which involves drilling a hole in the top and running a rigid tube with an airstone down into the skimmer chamber.

Before I modified it, it actually overflowed onto the floor once which would have been bad if the power strip for that tank had not been elevated. Then, when it was at most a year old, it just died altogether.

I wouldn't buy another one.