PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Weekend, so what are your plans???

TheBimbo
05/26/2006, 05:35 AM
Well the holiday weekend is here, what are the plans of The Loungers going to be???

We've got things to do around here, nothing special or fancy... Going to cook on the grill on Monday as usual, hubby wants to have a party, but I do not!!! Because I'm tired of the messes, and being the one stuck with them constantly, sooo I want it to be just us :D...

I would like to get my flowers this weekend, but I may just get the ones to take to plant at my grandparents headstone... it depends on the selection...

We'll head back on the quads if it's nice, usually run over to a friends place for a visit, watch it will turn into them coming over for Monday :lol: , although wouldn't it be great if we ended up there for Monday :) ??? And some shopping will also occur sometime over the weekend also...

Sooo what is everyone else doing???

Christy:rollface:...

crzy4reefs
05/26/2006, 05:37 AM
well we'll probably finnish raking up the yard......maybe paint zacks' room or our room.......will probably cook on the grill it'll be just us, not in the mood for a party due to having to clean it up all the time.

but nothing special or fancy going on here

Nina51
05/26/2006, 05:54 AM
just the usual. cleaning and spiffin' up the place for mom's visit. gary has a treatment monday, dr. appointment tuesday. since monday is a holiday, it won't count as my day off so i'm taking tuesday too. four day weekend! woo hoo!!

AdidaKev
05/26/2006, 07:35 AM
It's supposed to get above 80 degrees here (finally!), so I think I'll be spending the weekend at my boyfriend's pool. :)

dkh0331
05/26/2006, 07:41 AM
Hoping to get some sympathy from Ms. Dkh. My right arm is in a huge 90 degree plastic splint from my wrist to my shoulder. Had elbow surgery Tuesday.

David

Q-ball
05/26/2006, 08:13 AM
Taking the monster fishing this weekend...plenty of grilling...there might be a beer or two imbibed...

dc
05/26/2006, 08:13 AM
Another beautiful day, hopefully the whole weekend will be. I'll probably be out in my yard trying to catch up before my vacation in June. It's almost 60 out, I had to wear shoes to turn on the water. Brrr....

Oh yeah, if Dan get's a day off we'll go check out the motorcycle rally downtown.

TheBimbo
05/26/2006, 08:15 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7441592#post7441592 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dkh0331
Hoping to get some sympathy from Ms. Dkh. My right arm is in a huge 90 degree plastic splint from my wrist to my shoulder. Had elbow surgery Tuesday.

David

Aweee, I hope that you're not in tooo much pain and that Mrs. gives you lots of attention :D ...

Christy...

dc
05/26/2006, 08:19 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7441731#post7441731 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TheBimbo
Aweee, I hope that you're not in tooo much pain and that Mrs. gives you lots of attention :D ...

Christy...

Or she can take advantage of him while he's down! :D

Hope you feel better soon!

crp
05/26/2006, 08:21 AM
Just refinished remodeling my son's bedroom, new rug, furniture, paint, molding, etc. Moving the new furniture in tonight which means I now have to go through all of his clothes and sort them out. My daughter's room looks like a tornado went through it so I have to hoe out a few garbage bags of junk from there. You can barely see the floor because she has clothes thrown all over. The rest of the house needs to be cleaned. I'm hoping to get to do some flower planting but I doubt I'll have time. My husband wants to invite friends over for Monday which means I have to go to the grocery store and prepare the food. Not enough time even for a 3 day weekend. :rolleyes:

Hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday.

Carrie

dkh0331
05/26/2006, 08:22 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7441745#post7441745 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dc
Or she can take advantage of him while he's down! :D

Hope you feel better soon!

That is what I'm hoping for. :D

Percocet is a wonderful thing. (Taken in moderation of course)

dc
05/26/2006, 08:26 AM
But of course! :lol:

Crusty Old Shellback
05/26/2006, 09:47 AM
Let's see, the weekend chore list.

Today: take off a bit early and drive 75 miles each way to pick up some corals for my tank. :D Kenfused is tearing down his tank and selling it. :D

Tomorrow: get son up early to mow grass so I can spend teh rest of the day setting up the pool. Work on moving tank into the sunroom.

Sunday: finish filling up the pool. It's about a 2500 G pool. :D
Maybe go for a bike ride with Mrs. Chevy. :D

Monday: Hold Colors first thing in the morning, 0800. Bar B Q and maybe go for a bike ride with Mrs. Chevy. :D

If I get the new flag pole up today, I may just hold colors every morning this weekend. ;)

outta names
05/26/2006, 09:54 AM
We will probably go to the lake one day since it supposed to be in the mid 90's. Maybe do some grilling and of course yardwork:(

bigdee65
05/26/2006, 10:20 AM
heading to Philly for the NCAA Lacrosse finals. Nothing like 3 days of watching college lacrosse :)

mike4271
05/26/2006, 10:37 AM
Most likely sitting looking out of the window on Monday watching the rain extinguish the grill, and thinking about a good smoker full of Wild Hog, and why did I ever leave Florida :(

kelpy
05/26/2006, 10:52 AM
going to the beach to make the most of the sun

TheBimbo
05/26/2006, 10:54 AM
Well sounds like everyone has some kind of a plan, which is always nice, gives ya something to look forward to... I've just gotten sick of catering to people all of the time, ya know what I'm saying???

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7442551#post7442551 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mike4271
Most likely sitting looking out of the window on Monday watching the rain extinguish the grill, and thinking about a good smoker full of Wild Hog, and why did I ever leave Florida :(

Aweee Mike, I hear ya it's pouring out here right now :( , I really hate the rain, I'm depressed enough as it is w/o the rain to make me feel worse... But ya gotta atleast do something...

Wilafur
05/26/2006, 11:16 AM
sleep, work, golf, work...repeat as necessary

zenguitar
05/26/2006, 11:26 AM
well, let's see. Memorial Day weekend in the Willamette Valley...it's going to rain. So I'll probably clean the kitchen and try to finish painting the bathroom.

uscgbeachbum
05/26/2006, 11:48 AM
Offshore fishing! Hoping to get into the Mahi. I wish I could hold colors here. I might drive to the base (over an hour away) just to watch it.

crp
05/26/2006, 11:51 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7442678#post7442678 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TheBimbo
Well sounds like everyone has some kind of a plan, which is always nice, gives ya something to look forward to... I've just gotten sick of catering to people all of the time, ya know what I'm saying???

I know EXACTLY what you're saying. I have so much to do and so little time. Husband wants to have friends over on Monday which will be a great time but I'll do everything. He'll stoke up the grill, drink beer and take all the credit! :rolleyes:

Carrie

Travis L. Stevens
05/26/2006, 12:12 PM
For me:

Tonight: Drive to Tulsa, eat out with co-workers, visit family, stay the night

Saturday: Work all day and browse aquarium shops if time permits

Sunday: Rest up, probably make more DIY Rock. Drill my new tank, etc

Monday: Go to work. I don't get Memorial Day off

Hobster
05/26/2006, 12:18 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7442551#post7442551 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mike4271

Hey Mike, I'll throw in some extra pork ribs for ya on Monday.(from Publix, not wild)
:)

I will be replacing the drywall ceiling on the back porch due to damage from last years Hurricanes. Just in time to probably do it over again:(

stevenb
05/26/2006, 12:25 PM
Finish staining my deck. Go out to the islands ( Hart-Miller ) on my friends new 24ft bayliner soak up some sun.....

Petie
05/26/2006, 12:52 PM
Lets see, Husband is going fishing with my Pops and brothers, Saturday and Sunday, at Lake Koshkonong. I may drive up to Janesville to the lfs one day. I have a bonfire at a friends house Saturday night. I need to paint the bathroom too. Then Monday morning we are going to the American Legion with Hubby's family. Then back to my house for a cookout.

Scuba_Dave
05/26/2006, 01:08 PM
Put the last of the 3 windows in
Now I have to cleanup & do the inside trim
Then maybe off to the hospital to have those 2 things that fell off while I was lifting the 5' x 4' tall picture window re-attached to my body:eek2:
The new windows look great, much better view with the picture window

My 55g blue barrels came in handy, I was able to lift the window onto the barrels. Then stand on the barrels & slide the window into place. It was actually much easier then I thought it would be
Tomorrow will be filled with Family stuff :(
Then Sunday is our Reef club meeting, I was going to pass, but decided to go. I have like 40 Kill-o-watt meters to deliver
Then Monday & Tuesday finish off the trim & cleanup all the tools that are lying all over the house
I need to patch holes, prime & start painting everything
I'm hoping to be ready for Wiring & Rough Framing Inspection by June 8th
Lots to do before then

Crusty Old Shellback
05/26/2006, 01:15 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7443068#post7443068 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by uscgbeachbum
I wish I could hold colors here. I might drive to the base (over an hour away) just to watch it.

;)