PDA

View Full Version : sebae wont open

FastSnake
05/23/2006, 01:13 PM
I've had the sebae in my tank for over a year, I spot feed it every week. when i first got him it would open up to 4" last few weeks he wont open and has begun wandering around. I have done frequent water changes thinking this might be the problem and switched from instant ocean to instant ocean crystals (1.23 gravity). My clown fish is depressed casue it wont open any more. I have a 20gallon with protien skimmer, Current Orbit lighting system, Ehiem canister filter which I clean monthly. Any help or idea would be apreciated.

Amphiprion
05/23/2006, 01:42 PM
have you added anything new or changed anything? specific gravity is a bit low--1.026-1.027 would be preferable. How often were you feeding it per week? When was the last time you changed the light bulbs? Other water parameters?

FastSnake
05/23/2006, 02:53 PM
nothing new added, bulbs could be it, havent changed them out since i got the unit a year ago. I feed frozen once a week , then every day food pellets. i'll bump up the salt and see if that helps. I never went over 1.25 before. far as the rest of the parameters, i have a small tetra test kit, and all by this kit is normal

Amphiprion
05/23/2006, 03:07 PM
Make sure you have an accurate means of measuring salinity before you do it. A good refractometer helps. Also, try feeding a bit more often (with a fish based meaty food), say, 3x or 4x a week and see if it helps