PDA

View Full Version : 120g Tank Move ( Part 2 )

epon
05/23/2006, 09:11 AM
First of all many tanks again to all who helped in the move last weekend, you guys really helped me out alot. RIP Lowell's phone.

I need to get this 120g moved since I'm driving back daily to check on it and that's not good. Only a matter of time untill disaster strikes.

I'll be working on this all weekend and will plan the big stuff around help being available. I have access to a truck and will be renting a uhaul trailer for Saturday and Sunday. I think I have plenty of boxes, tubs and bins but you'll want to byobags and boxes for frags if they happen. Actually, if anyone has insulated boxes I'd like to have some extras onhand just incase.

I think Steven can pull Lowell's trailer on Saturday and Sunday. Lowell, I think we'll need to borrow your hitch, ball, and pin too for his truck.

Thanks for the tub Rick, that will be key. There will be food and bevs and with any luck nice weather.

Sorry for two threads, I just thought this would be easier to keep track of participants and details here.

So far I think I have Steven confirmed for pretty much all weekend, Lowell maybe Sunday, and maybe Monday. I'm sure I forgot someone too.

Thanks in advance !

w2
05/23/2006, 02:20 PM
Just can't do this next weekend when I have nothing planned! I'm going to go play in the dirt this weekend down in Haubstadt, IN. 1st time racing in over 2 years! Yeah!

Hope everything goes smooth as silk for the move!

lglamb
05/23/2006, 03:00 PM
2" reciever for hitch. I'll leave it in the trailer, locks optional, providing
I remember.

need to find/buy another normal latch pin anyway.

Might sign on for mid Sunday afternoon.

Oh and Verizon caught me trying to buy a new phone
with only being 6 months into 2 yr contract. Oh well,
back to the ebay drawing board.

Lowell

seldon
05/23/2006, 03:22 PM
Doesnt look like I can be there saturday, but since its a 3 day, I should be able to help out on sunday all day.

Seldon

lglamb
05/23/2006, 04:07 PM
Hold the (cell) Phone!!!

Plugged it in on a whim, battery started charging!
Lights! Camera!! Voicemail!!! :)

Inside screen has some shadows and bleeds thru some
from outside screen, but looks like it's going to live afterall.
At least for a while. Guess the battery just got zapped
during it's little dip.

Only problem now is, it was Annette's idea to try just charging
it. I'll never hear the end...

:)
Lowell

hcs3
05/23/2006, 04:11 PM
technically i was the first one that told you to unplug the battery and let it dry for 2 days before turning it on. the fact that you ignored me like everyone else does is not my fault ;)

paul, i won't be around at all it looks like. i have a wine tasting all afternoon at sunsinger saturday, work piccadilly 12 - 8 sunday, then heading to the cubs game on monday. so maybe i will be around late saturday night and sunday night if needed but the daytime is no go.

Benny Z
05/23/2006, 05:05 PM
i dropped a really nice sony erricson phone in a gushing stream at a mini golf course last year. i took it home, unscrewed it enough to get some decent gaps in the casing, and dried it out with a blowdryer.

the phone worked and looked as it did out of the box that same afternoon. and then my dogs destroyed it. :D

brad23
05/23/2006, 07:13 PM
My wife dropped hers in water a week ago, I told her to turn it off and put a blow dryer on it. Now it works fine again.

seldon
05/23/2006, 07:30 PM
well, looks like sunday is out now for me, family event, however monday is still open. Sorry to bail sunday on you. Maybe next week would work out better...

epon
05/25/2006, 12:50 PM
hrmms, well I guess walker and I and maybe hcs3 will work on moving animals and see how far we get. I may try and rally some people for next week to move the equipment if it doesnt happen this weekend.

Lowell, is it ok if we swing by and just grab the trailer ? I almost remeber the directions so I'll probably call you to clarify.

tcottle
05/25/2006, 12:58 PM
I'm in! When are we doing it?

epon
05/25/2006, 01:39 PM
Well, Sunday afternoon is a possibility for the tank and stand move, depending on how much happens before then. I still have yet to get the tub rollin. I'm planning on trying to get all the aminals moved by Sunday. If you wanted to help move corals on Saturday that would work too. You can hit me on the cell if you wanted to talk over scheduling details. This is my main goal for the weekend so I can be flexible.

seldon
05/25/2006, 03:09 PM
if you will still need help monday, let me know and ill be there. Other than that im booked with family obligations. Good luck...

epon
05/29/2006, 11:59 PM
All animals are moved in or in baby sitters tanks, 120g is rollin minus a IC660 who looks to be the only mort so far. Special thanks to Walker, Todd, Lowell, Seldon, David, and HCS .. you're all welcome at my table anytime for dinner. I could not have done any of it without you and the other members of CIMA. I think I may spend the rest of the month weeping, mumbling, and rocking in the corner. Any one want a med pine 180g AGA stand ? Anyone have a spare IC660 laying around ? :/ We're havin fun now !!!