PDA

View Full Version : ¿Marine Betta /Comet Grouper?

brownsugar
05/22/2006, 10:19 PM
Hi guys went to the LFS today and they had a Marine Betta/Comet Grouper in their main reef tank. And one for sale.

Wondering if anyone has kept one before or has one tried to find info on the web but nothing seems to be found on google.

After further snooping round i searched on live aquaria by searching Marine betta

Its black/blue smaller than the bigger groupers but has white spots with one big eye.

Dont even know if its a grouper haha they didnt know what a lattice butterfly was so im assuming there is more chance in them getting this wrong aswell.

Well anyways just want to know what the low down on this fish is anyone keeping one right now or kept one in the past?

brownsugar
05/22/2006, 10:58 PM
Anyone hehe

VINH_XUAN
05/22/2006, 11:48 PM
I had mine from the beginning and now he's still doing good. The only thing I don't like about him is that he spends most of his time hiding. I treated him the first few weeks with live ghost shrimps but that's too expensive (10 for $1.00). After that I had him taking jumpo shrimp mixed with cyclo ops for almost everyday, he loves it and grows so fast that I cut down to twice a week now.
Good luck and enjoy your marine betta

bertoni
05/23/2006, 12:58 AM
They are reported to be hardy and fairly easy to keep, although they get to be 8-9" long and will prey on smaller fish and crustaceans.

pirate2876
05/23/2006, 04:13 AM
i had a marine betta for 3 yrs after someone brought him in to an aquarium store i worked at.they allegedly had him for 4 yrs.hes was cool.by the time i got him he ate sinking pellets and frozen foods.kind of reclusive though,he would only come out when there was food in the tank.otherwise id see him staring out from the rocks.

shadowman70
05/23/2006, 06:10 AM
The worst thing about these is they can be very very very shy.....some actually die from starvation in new aquariums....cause they wont come out to eat...but other than that they are a very harty fish.....

Richard

BTTRFLYGRL
05/23/2006, 06:20 AM
Some are hard to wean off live food..I had one for awhile but had to give him away...he would not eat prepared food and my Hawkfish and Wrasse would eat all the live food before the Betta even turned around:eek: I was scared he'd starve

They are supposed to be almost indestructible...very hardy. But as stated above, they spend most of the time in the rocks.