PDA

View Full Version : Seining meeting pictures

lookout888
05/21/2006, 07:19 PM
First off we would like to say thank you to everyone as always we learned a lot.

Here are the pictures that came out (this is the 3rd time using underwater case sorry they did not come out all that great)

http://www.lookout888.com/picture

Go to other-- then seining if anyone wants full size pictures please send me a message with the number of the picture.

Again thanks, we had ALOT of fun.

Mike

P.S. If anyone ever wants to go on a weekend (that is not a meeting) give me a message we would be more then happy to go ¡§¡¨help¡¨¡¨ ƒº

ladyfsu
05/21/2006, 08:29 PM
That was a blast! Thanks for letting me join you guys. I can't wait to set the sea horse tank up :) It was great meeting you all.

Mike, do you mind if I put some of those pictures on my website?

(and um, just to let you know....I found my net and bubbler...I put them in my bag :rolleyes: thx Dawn )

coyoteseven
05/21/2006, 08:37 PM
Great pics, Mike! :thumbsup:

I had a blast and it was nice to see everybody again. Also, it was nice to finally meet you, Lane (hope I spelled that right :confused: ), I hope you got enough critters for your tanks.

As soon as I got home, I threw almost all of the snails and hermits in the 45g with Pookie. He was pleased to meet (or was it 'meat' :lmao: ) his new roommates. He even took a few into his home and gave them an official "welcome to the neighborhood" handshake... ... ... mantis style (KARACK, KAPOW :D ). The ones that didn't get the personal hello, went immediately to work on my algae problem.

The seahorses got a quick acclimation and went into my 10g for now (until I get a bigger tank) and began to instantly snick the pods off my glass... hungry little buggers! I also started a batch of brine shrimp for them until I can get to the LFS for some frozen mysis to start training them on frozen foods. According to the info I've gleaned from the seahorse and pipefish forum (http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=35) and Seahorse.Org (http://www.seahorse.org/) , looks like I got a little work ahead of me. Oh well, anything worth having is worth working for.

As far as a return trip, now that I know where I can get a good cleaning crew/mantis dinner, I'll probably go about every 4-6 weeks to get more. If I'm available, I'll be glad to go with you... just put a post in the forum and see if anybody is interested, I'll do the same if I'm planning a trip. First thing I need to get are a couple of those heavy duty dip/landing nets with the ¼" mesh like Lane brought.

lookout888
05/21/2006, 09:37 PM
You are welcome to use any of the pictures.
Mike

Agu
05/21/2006, 10:35 PM
I also had a great time, so did my young friends. Good thing I rinsed out the net, that dead minnow would have stunk up the garage :lol: . If anybody wants to use the net lmk, it's available to everybody in the club.

Mr Mantis is a happy camper btw.

Let's not rest on our laurels, where's the next meeting ?

myakkareef
05/22/2006, 07:25 AM
It was a blast, good to see everyone having fun with smiles onthere faces. Lain hope you made it home with everything in good order. And it was a pleasure meeting you finally after all the posts. If we can ever help you out let us know. If anyone gets a chance to research more on what is exactly legal to take with a Florida fishing license it would be good. I know we drew some attention yesterday and it would be comforting to know the laws and was is OK to take take home, and how many of each species is OK. Good pictures also Mike I like the closeups you took in the tank.
As far as next meeting, Mike and Meagen (sp) will be hosting it. They are on the border of Sarasota and Bradenton. Watch for the date and time to be announced soon....

Agu I have a really small pair of Blue Jean shorts that belong to your helpers. They just won't fit me....We will wash them and bring them for you next time we are together unless you need them sooner then let me know.

ladybug_Montreal
05/22/2006, 05:26 PM
I am sooo jealous! Sure wich, my plate wasn't soo full. Well anyway, I am game as soon as schol is out, no more cooking for a bunch of teacher and kids. I am sure they appricated the food, but then again I would of love to of gone and caught some critters for my tank.

Agu, where did you get that net from?

Dorothy

ladyfsu
06/02/2006, 01:38 PM
OK, this is going to sound a little stupid..but WHERE WERE WE?? LOL, I'm working on the website now, and I can't remember what the name of that place was...something like Marine Bay or something? :confused:

coyoteseven
06/02/2006, 06:34 PM
I know we were at the back door of Mote Marine Laboratory (in a sense)... I think maybe Scott or Agu might know the actual name.

ladyfsu
06/02/2006, 06:58 PM
that's good enough :D ty

Agu
06/02/2006, 09:04 PM
We were at the old Sarasota dump. No kidding. That whole piece of land from Mote on east was the original dump for Sarasota. That's why it's public land, it never existed until the dump was closed.

Learned that when the Tampa club had a private tour of Mote.

coyoteseven
06/02/2006, 10:39 PM
I don't know, but IMHO Mote's Backyard sounds soooo much better than Old Sarasota City Dump, when mentioned on a webpage. :lmao: