PDA

View Full Version : xenia

Tri0 #3
05/21/2006, 01:51 PM
2 days ago I introduced xenia to my tank. A 20 gal ong 150 watt MH. The xenia were originally from my friends tank but his tank crashed so he gave me his remaining coral. It seems the xenia have not opened up ywt. Its the 3rd day now. It actually seems the xenia shrivled up even smaller then they originally were. I dont know what wrong. Are they dead? If not how would I know corals are dead. Im a newbie to tanks so plz take consideration when giving me answers plz. =/ Thanx

ALTI
05/21/2006, 01:58 PM
they will melt away completely when they die. put them on the bottom or far away from the lights to make sure you are not shocking them with too much light.

nutshells
05/21/2006, 04:14 PM
It requires a lot of water movement. it grows like weed in my tank.

sharky_steve
05/23/2006, 08:36 PM
what's the water temp? I'd be affraid that such a powerful bulb is overheating such a small tank. Xenia does not like high temps.

sandlot13
05/25/2006, 12:41 AM
where is the xenia placed? thats key........ try moving it to see if you can get it to open. First, consider light (if its in a high light area, try moving it away from so much light; if its in a low flow area, try a high flow area, etc etc) many corals take time to find the exact spot in your tank that will allow it to flourish. Dont give up hope yet! keep us updated